OT: Triple yikes...I will miss this show for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
According to Matt Buckler [TV writer] of the JI:

The Discovery Channel on Dec. 7 is going to show wildlife expert
Paul Rosolie being eaten...swallowed alive...by an anaconda.
He will be wearing some kind of protective suit which will presumably allow him to come out unharmed.

And I thought the annual hot dog eating contest was a tad off-putting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

He will be wearing some kind of protective suit which will presumably allow him to come out unharmed.

Sounds like something that would happen to Jim on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Marlon: Jim is going to go up to the lion to check if it still has all it's teeth.
Marlon: Jim will be going into the murky water where the crocodiles live to determine how deep the water is.
Marlon: Oh, it looks like the mama grizzly is not happy with Jim playing with her cubs.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Jim Fowler's wife, Betsy, is an accomplished artist who has exhibited for many years at the Mystic Art Show. We have one of her paintings in our house and have given one to every newborn in the family. The first time I came upon her "tent" I loudly exclaimed, "See Jim wrestling with that 16 foot anaconda in waist deep water. Careful, Jim, don't hurt that snake!" She immediately replied. "You left out the tinkle of ice in Marlon's glass of gin and tonic."

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Or Marlon saying on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, "I'll retreat downstream while Jim wrestles the deadly mamba..." (true quote, I swear...)

Reaction Score
Or Marlon saying on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, "I'll retreat downstream while Jim wrestles the deadly mamba..." (true quote, I swear...)

Or another of his quotes that many animal lover's don't accept: "some must die so that others may live".

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
What I remember is Jim on a thick branch, arms outstretched, facing a jaguar four feet away on said branch.

Reaction Score
My favorite was when he repelled down the side of a cliff, swung into a small cave where some condors were, grabbed one of them and repelled down the rest of the cliff with the condor in his arms fighting him the whole way down. God I loved that show. :):):)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
And IIRC, Marlon was, at one point, the Director of the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago (very cool, if you are in town, don't miss it...and it is FREE, folks...)

Reaction Score

What could go wrong?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Ohhh... I know the outcome... Have seen it before; Jonah in the whale... Or maybe it was Pinocchio... I forgot which was which... But I think both survived!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds more like a David Blaine stunt than science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom