Tribune Publishing -> Senior Journalist - Responsible for covering the UConn Football program | The Boneyard

Tribune Publishing -> Senior Journalist - Responsible for covering the UConn Football program

Reaction Score
Polish 'em up...

>>The Hartford Courant, a Pulitzer-prize winning publication seeks a sports journalist who will be responsible for covering the UConn football program including games, practices, press conferences, recruiting and other developments through news stories, feature stories and other forms of content on all Hartford Courant Media Group platforms. Will also be responsible for covering the program’s transition from being an affiliate of the American Athletic Conference to an independent team and any future developments with the team. The applicant will be involved with the coverage of the sports scene of Connecticut and the happenings of athletes and programs connected to the state, as well as other general assignment and enterprise news connected to sports.<<

Reaction Score
Polish 'em up...

>>The Hartford Courant, a Pulitzer-prize winning publication seeks a sports journalist who will be responsible for covering the UConn football program including games, practices, press conferences, recruiting and other developments through news stories, feature stories and other forms of content on all Hartford Courant Media Group platforms. Will also be responsible for covering the program’s transition from being an affiliate of the American Athletic Conference to an independent team and any future developments with the team. The applicant will be involved with the coverage of the sports scene of Connecticut and the happenings of athletes and programs connected to the state, as well as other general assignment and enterprise news connected to sports.<<
I nominate "whaler11"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Dan Brechlin @danbrechlin 5h
For the record, @AlexPutterman is not going anywhere and will still be actively involved in UConn coverage.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I nominate "whaler11"

they would have to pay me more than the rest of the sports department combined but if that is in the budget i’d talk to them

not much to do - the school doesnt allow the media to see the roster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My nomination would be for @businesslawyer. You know, if that whole law thing doesn’t work out for him.

Reaction Score
they would have to pay me more than the rest of the sports department combined but if that is in the budget i’d talk to them

not much to do - the school doesnt allow the media to see the roster.

A true reporter doesn’t take no for an answer. Put on your big boy pants and get in there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Putterman puts in way more effort on the beat than most have
Right up until the Pasqualoni thin-skin era, I was I big Desmond Conner fan. Perhaps however that had to do with being able to only compare him against Shawn Corchesne at the time.

Putterman holds his own.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Right up until the Pasqualoni thin-skin era, I was I big Desmond Conner fan.
Up until the Pasqualoni era, everything about being a Uconn football fan was better.

That being said, things are gonna be looking up again soon!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Right up until the Pasqualoni thin-skin era, I was I big Desmond Conner fan. Perhaps however that had to do with being able to only compare him against Shawn Corchesne at the time.

Putterman holds his own.

Des blocked me on Twitter for questioning something he said in an article. I think he had like half of the Yard blocked lol

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Des blocked me on Twitter for questioning something he said in an article. I think he had like half of the Yard blocked lol
I'm guessing it was post-2011, when he got hyper-sensitive about the "Coach" P administration. I can understand some of it. I'm thinking he didn't appreciate feeling pressured to vocally calling for P's job and he got defensive about his role of beat writer (vs. Jacobs role of columnist).

I think if he started to call for a field management shake-up, he'd lose access. On the other hand, I would participate in his Monday Morning chats and it seemed that a growing number of answers were phrased as, "I don't know, but will try to find out," as if he couldn't anticipate questions from the previous game or wasn't using his access properly in the first place. I didn't (and still don't) Tweet very much and was not blocked.

It looks like he is at the State House, but I don't think he has a Twitter account anymore.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

i unfollowed over the preacher theives he loved to quote long before he got the chance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom