Tribe vs. Cubs someone has to win | The Boneyard

Tribe vs. Cubs someone has to win

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
But you know it will be someone losing it instead. (Namely a player blowing it and becoming the scapegoat)

Anywho, rooting for the Tribe because I know too many Cleveland fans who have stood by and watched me celebrate:
UConn NC's (yeah, that's a plural for you Cuse alums)
NY Yankee World Series Championships (hey look another plural)
New England Patriots Super Bowls (plural, nuff said)
Boston Celtics NBA Championship (I remember the Bird years too but was in the service then)

And yes, the MFY's are an outlier. I was lucky growing up, I befriended Yankee fans when I was young, and Joe Pepitone, Mel Stottlemyre, et al, were OK by me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know how Cleveland can win, but I sure hope they do.

To all you east coasters, the Cubs probably seem like a nice story. But to us who live in the NL Central, their "benign" fans have turned into s, the purported "genius" of their manager is stuffed down our throats by idiotic sports "journalists", and their acquisition of Theo/Hoyer coupled with an unlimited bank account courtesy of the Ricketts and their market size means they'll probably be division winners for the rest of my lifetime, which totally sucks.

The Cubs TV deal alone is worth twice as much as the Cards' deal. StL, Pittsburgh, Cincy and Milwaukee are all among the bottom 8 teams in value of TV revenue. While the Cubs can afford whomever they want, every other team in the division has to sell star players once they hit FA.

I don't really hate any of their players, except the wife-beater closer, but the reality is now that they can get pretty much anyone they want, similar to LAD, BoSox, NYY. It's become an even more unfair playing field with no hope of that changing in the near future.

So the Fubs.

Reaction Score
I don't know how Cleveland can win, but I sure hope they do.

To all you east coasters, the Cubs probably seem like a nice story. But to us who live in the NL Central, their "benign" fans have turned into s, the purported "genius" of their manager is stuffed down our throats by idiotic sports "journalists", and their acquisition of Theo/Hoyer coupled with an unlimited bank account courtesy of the Ricketts and their market size means they'll probably be division winners for the rest of my lifetime, which totally sucks.

The Cubs TV deal alone is worth twice as much as the Cards' deal. StL, Pittsburgh, Cincy and Milwaukee are all among the bottom 8 teams in value of TV revenue. While the Cubs can afford whomever they want, every other team in the division has to sell star players once they hit FA.

I don't really hate any of their players, except the wife-beater closer, but the reality is now that they can get pretty much anyone they want, similar to LAD, BoSox, NYY. It's become an even more unfair playing field with no hope of that changing in the near future.

So the Fubs.

Sound like Sox fans but in all seriousness, can't help but to root for them. Funny thing is how tough it is to root against the Indians also. Should be a fun and fan crazed series. I can imagine LeBron throwing out a first ball and what should the Cubbies do as their first ball tosser? Pretty easy one for me - Steve Bartman.:)

Reaction Score
"someone has to win"

Not if the apocalypse happens first.

Reaction Score
"someone has to win"

Not if the apocalypse happens first.
Sweet Meteor of Death 2016 - Please end it all before we have to decide between Trump and Hillary, or the Cubs and Indians.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Cleveland has been idle for week. Teams that have to wait for the other league to wrap up often lose the WS. The Tigers recently come to mind. I see Indians winning Game 1. Then losing 3. Perhaps Kluber wins again.

Cubs win.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just realized this might be as close to a WS as I'll ever get again. 2 hours 10 minutes away.

Luckily I did get to one game in the '81 WS, Game 2 at Yankee Stadium, in RF bleachers, rooting for the Doyers, who got shutout. Probably a good thing I had nothing to cheer about out there.

Reaction Score
I have Cubs winning in 7 but this Indians team does remind of the 1990 Reds.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andrew Miller...just wow!!!

Loads bases...no one out...then F8 - K - K!!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cleveland flat-out looked more ready to play than the Cubbies did.

Reaction Score
Terry Francona has now won 9 consecutive games as a world series manager. In fact he is undefeated. Has anyone ever come close to this?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Andrew Miller...just wow!!!

Loads bases...no one out...then F8 - K - K!!
I wish I could have posted right after the bases were loaded, because I said,
"yeah nothing a Yankees fan has not seen before. And what will happen is infield fly, a strikeout on three pitches, followed by a gut wrenching 3-2 death slider for the third out." And sure enough, that's what happened. And boy were my Tribe fan friends happy.
I just hope what Cashman got for Miller is worth it, because he (Miller) delivered the pennant to the Tribe, and it looks like he has intentions on making Cleveland - Cleveland! - title town. Only question is: can he play QB?

Reaction Score
I wish I could have posted right after the bases were loaded, because I said,
"yeah nothing a Yankees fan has not seen before. And what will happen is infield fly, a strikeout on three pitches, followed by a gut wrenching 3-2 death slider for the third out." And sure enough, that's what happened. And boy were my Tribe fan friends happy.
I just hope what Cashman got for Miller is worth it, because he (Miller) delivered the pennant to the Tribe, and it looks like he has intentions on making Cleveland - Cleveland! - title town. Only question is: can he play QB?

I hated the Yankees trading away Miller more then Chapman but it had to be done.

Reaction Score
One thing I think is whoever wins guarantees the HOF for Theo or Tito.

Reaction Score
Its now a 6 inning game, a total stalemate so far.

Reaction Score
I dont know about that move by Francona, Tomlin threw 60 pitches he was pitching great, your really asking a lot out of Miller to pitch 3 innings in a tied game, and you have 3 of these games in a row in Wrigley. Miller is nasty though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I dont know about that move by Francona, Tomlin threw 60 pitches he was pitching great, your really asking a lot out of Miller to pitch 3 innings in a tied game, and you have 3 of these games in a row in Wrigley. Miller is nasty though.
It worked.

Noe with 2 outs Allen gets Heyward to ground one to first...AND AN ERROR ON NAPOLI !!!

here we go...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Baez going for the home run...primed to be k-ed...whiffs!!!

So much for trying for a single for the win.

Reaction Score
It worked.

Noe with 2 outs Allen gets Heyward to ground one to first...AND AN ERROR ON NAPOLI !!!

here we go...

It sure did now you can use Miller more going forward since he only pitched one inning, this Indians team is so clutch and used to playing in close games. Tomlin can be used on 3 days rest if need be now so it does give Francona more options going forward.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
John Lackey has to hold the Tribe down or else Cubs are cooked. Corey Kluber up for Francona.

Big big win tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I'm kinda/sorta rooting for Cleveland. As a Yankee fan, I always liked Miller and was impressed the way he was willing to take whatever role the manager had for him that would help the team. He was very gracious when they brought in Chapman to be the closer and he got bumped down to set-up man.

Call me old-fashioned, but I loved the 1-0 game last night. So much pressure on every pitch, made for great drama. I hope the rest of the Series is as entertaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom