Triangle offense | The Boneyard

Triangle offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
would this work on the college level?

It actually started as a college offense way back in the day and you can see variants of it pretty often. (Most often when you're watching a UConn women's game...)

I don't know that you'll ever see anyone in college commit like Phil Jackson does - it's a little complex to teach a roster that will turn over as fast as a college roster will and your star point guard is not going to love committing to a school that strictly runs it.

Reaction Score
We have trouble running offense with simple screening, pick and roll and entry post passes so if the triangle is more complex it would only confuse us more. Honestly, we need to spend every spare moment shooting perimeter and foul shots and practicing boxing out.

Reaction Score
Triangle Offense works if you have 4 players who can dribble the basketball . Three of them need to be skilled dribbling with either hand / creating their own shot. Not to mention effective screening and movement without the ball.

Reaction Score
I think Tex Winter learned it from Tje coach at SC in the 40's or 50's. Then he took it to KSu and on and on.

Tex gets the credit, but it didn't start with him, but I'm assuming he evolved it to what currently holds the lead role in Phil Jackson's spank bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom