Travelers Championship Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Travelers Championship Preview

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that so many guys that played @ Torrey Pines are making the trip east..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that so many guys that played @ Torrey Pines are making the trip east..

Traveler's has done a great job getting chartered flights for the players and their families. The making the tournament accessible for families is huge get for the tournament. Amazingly enough, players enjoy it when the tournament is enjoyable for their family.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like it as of now.

2021 Player Field - Travelers Championship - TPC River Highlands

There's usually a Monday qualifier if he is entered, or a possibility of being an alternate.

The tournaments have broad discretion in handing out sponsor's exemptions. It would have been cool if either UConn player who qualified for the US Open was given an exemption to play back in CT at the Traveler's.
Zaback missed out qualifying today. -5 got in a 4 for 1 playoff, I think he shot +2. @Cuse Socks

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like it as of now.

2021 Player Field - Travelers Championship - TPC River Highlands

There's usually a Monday qualifier if he is entered, or a possibility of being an alternate.

The tournaments have broad discretion in handing out sponsor's exemptions. It would have been cool if either UConn player who qualified for the US Open was given an exemption to play back in CT at the Traveler's.
An impressive field!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Travelers Championship is one of the fun things I attend every year. I have been volunteering there since 2000, first as a mobile Marshall, and the last 10 years as a walking scorer. The best thing about being a walking scorer is that you are right there with the player and caddy, listening to their conversations, listening to the private conversations between players when they are together on the tee or walking the fairway. You learn alot about these players, and you learn who is a good guy and who is an A**H**E. LOL. I have grown up on watching this tournament, first as the ICO, GHO, SDJGHO, Canon GHO, Buick Championship. My son was a Greater Hartford Jaycee, the organization that started it and ran it until Travelers took over. Travelers has done an unbelievable job of making this tournament one of the best on tour, and earning the players choice award in 2018 and 2019. Just wondering if any of you guys volunteer there, and if you don't, try it next year. It is really a great experience if you love golf. Can't wait till next week.
I have done it in the past but couldn't this year because of other obligations I have. It is a must for anyone who loves golf and wants to volunteer

Reaction Score
Who do we like to win? I have P Reed in my 1/done at the moment

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Speaking of GHO... Love LocalVyntage t-shirts. Going to be giving away 3 of the GHO ones during my Travelers contest, so be on the look out for that entry in a couple weeks. Also got a gift card to Chris Cote's Golf and a whole lot more.

Rarely do I come across something on the internet and scramble to grab my debit card. Just bought this. Good looks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who do we like to win? I have P Reed in my 1/done at the moment

You look at the field, you look at the past list of winners and you can make a case for 25-30 players winning.

There are so many different styles of play that have done well and players well in to their 40's have won at Travelers. No way I would ever pick a single player to win this tournament vs. the field.

Reaction Score
Talked with Jason Sobel of The Action Network for a full preview of the field and betting picks:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
But that’s how 1 and done pools work

Right. All I'm saying is don't spend a lot of time analyzing and agonizing over a pick for the Travelers.

Going alphabetically through the field, these are players I think you could make a case for winning-

Abraham Ancer, Daniel Berger, Keegan Bradley, Sam Burns, Patrick Cantlay, Paul Casey, Bryson DeChambeau, Harris English, Tony Finau, Rickie Fowler, Brian Harmon, Charley Hoffman, Max Homa, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson, Si Woo Kim, Brooks Koepka, Marc Leishman, Phil Mikelson, Francesco Molinari, Chez Reavie, Patrick Reed, Scottie Scheffler, Cam Smith, Kevin Streelman, Bubba Watson, Matt Wolff.

Anyone of them wins and no one is saying, "Wow, didn't see that one coming.".

GHO for a while had a reputation for first time winners and maybe some middle of the pack guys winning in their twilight.

Then you started getting major winners in Bubba, Spieth, Phil and DJ.

You don't have to bomb the ball to win at Cromwell. You can flight it high or low, work it left or right. Greens are nothing for these guys to putt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom