OT: Travelers Championship Contest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Travelers Championship Contest

Reaction Score
You are 100% correct, but stop giving people help. Causal golf fans have no clue about these guys.

There always has to be one superjohn that takes a free contest too seriously. Dial it back a notch, Champ.

Reaction Score
Who says this? I find this statement hard to believe. Better than the Players, Memorial, Arnold Palmer Invitational, Phoenix Waste Management, Wells Fargo?
Like I said, people involved with the tour.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
They've had decent fields but not too many "strong" fields. Good news is when they have an east coast or Metro area Open they will get their impact players for the most part. Definitely the bad calendar spot hurts the consistency. It's important for them to get "name" winners to attract their friends and bring more respect.
Wow - just looked at the field. This one is better than strong. i volunteered a couple of years ago and did the electronic scoring on the course. all the vets got the a-list players but i scored for Mackenzie Hughes and Sung Kang. it was pretty cool .... even though i asked far too many questions. "hey, are you going to go for it on the 15th". luckily it was only the practice rounds.

Reaction Score
A lot of people involved with the tour consider it the best non-major tour event.
Big thanks to Travelers VP and UConn grad and athlete (hammer throw) Andy Bessette. Andy qualified for the Moscow Olympics in 1980 but the U.S. boycotted that year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Big thanks to Travelers VP and UConn grad and athlete (hammer throw) Andy Bessette. Andy qualified for the Moscow Olympics in 1980 but the U.S. boycotted that year.
I still remember touring campus during my orientation overnight. There was Andy working out alone with the hammer.

Reaction Score
Glad he did. I forgot half the players I picked. Took a screen shot of my picks to help my brain rest of the weekend.

I'm the same, so made sure I sent it out to everyone!

Reaction Score
Still have to add in a good amount of the afternoon scores but you can find it here >>

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If I'm playing fantasy, I'm taking Morikawa every week for the next decade or so. He's going to spend the next 10 years cashing 6 digit checks week in and week out. I don't know if his putting is good enough to win a bunch right now, but he is a green hitting monster. Out of the three youngins who showed up last year or so- Hovlind, Morikawa and Wolff, I am most bullish on Morikawa. By a lot.

The BY kiss of death curse is strong.

Morikawa going to miss the cut for first time in his career and Hovlind is on top 10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When picking my team I was counting on Justin Thomas to do better than top 125. Ouch.

Reaction Score
Nobody expected Mickelson to play smart conservative golf. He had only one bogey in the first two rounds. But I still expect McElroy tear up the course on the week end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom