Travel to South Korea | The Boneyard

Travel to South Korea

Reaction Score
Knowing this is a worldly group, I am looking for any advice on what to do in South Korea. Son stationed at Camp Humphreys(45 miles south of Seoul) , but we are willing to go anywhere in the country. Would like a resort with golf if possible. Anyone familiar with High 1 Resort? Any help appreciated.

Reaction Score
Knowing this is a worldly group, I am looking for any advice on what to do in South Korea. Son stationed at Camp Humphreys(45 miles south of Seoul) , but we are willing to go anywhere in the country. Would like a resort with golf if possible. Anyone familiar with High 1 Resort? Any help appreciated.
Take the tours they have into the DMZ. You can go into those huts they have on the border and actually walk into North Korea, really cool stuff.

Reaction Score
Golf? Par 7 hole

Gunsan Country Club, South Korea

50031.jpg

Reaction Score
Went to south Korea for a week, def go to Busan in the southeast corner. You can take a train from Seoul. Seoul is very modern city but has a lot of culture and history intertwined. Honestly, the jet lag will be brutal so prepare for that. Also a lot of places won't speak much English so any type of Korean you can learn will be beneficial

Reaction Score
We visited there a couple of years ago because my GF's daughter was teaching there. It was a great trip. We stayed in Seoul (with the advantage her daughter being able to give us a "lay of the land"). The subways are easy to use with an ap. that works great and there are a lot of historical sites - i. e. temples to see.

Street food is plentiful around the city, including in market areas and very tasty and safe to eat.

We went to the DMZ (on a tour) and because of all the history and news today, it is well worth it. And yes, you can go into the blue buildings where you saw when the 2 leaders meet there recently and hug. I don't think Kim is still available for hugs there..

My GF flew to Jeju Island for a couple of days another trip and said it was great.

We took a train from Seoul and spent a day at the beach in Buson. I still have my sunglasses that I bought from a street vendor. Street food is once again plentiful and good.

For women that like make-up, it is a huge business in Seoul.

Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Korea: A place to visit to see family or friends. Otherwise, generally a pass. Seoul: Massively destroyed during Korean war, including significant portions of most historic sites. What's left is comparably less impressive than in neighboring nations. DMZ: See it if you visit. Juju is Korea's summer holiday beach resort; ok. Make up industry in Korea: Big, yet tiny in revenue compared with Korea's absolutely massive plastic surgery industry ("industry" intentionally used).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom