Transitions | The Boneyard

Transitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As we follow our UConn alums into the WNBA and anticipate our incoming class, I was thinking about the issues of transitioning from one level to the next. It seems to me that going into the WNBA, the position that tends to transition wit the least difficulty is a good-sized shooting guard. Point guard would seem to be more difficult as you need to know your teammates and their tendencies much more.
Of course the transitions depend upon many factors, but given appropriately sized and decently skilled players what positions do you think have the toughest transitions and the least difficult?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
JavaMan - you beat me to it. Centers and power forwards have to learn to deal withe the physicality, speed, strength, and height of the pros, PGs have to learn to deal with the defensive speed and length of the pros as well as learning their teammates. Slashing two guards and small forwards still have a tough transition, but it is a little easier.

And it is really exactly the same for HS to college transition - a little easier all around because the talent is still pretty diluted at the college level compared to the WNBA. Numbers wise - 3500+/- D1 players while the WNBA has 144 players.

NB - I am really impressed with how well Breanna is doing this year - she is being forced to play way out of position as Seattle is really challenged at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom