Transfers who will make the biggest impact this season (Yahoo) | The Boneyard

Transfers who will make the biggest impact this season (Yahoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sixteen transfers who will make the biggest impact this season

7. Terry Larrier, UConn (from VCU)

Comment: While Daniel Hamilton’s ill-advised decision to turn pro was a blow to UConn, the Huskies can take solace that his replacement shares a lot of similar traits. Like Hamilton, Larrier is a spindly 6-foot-8 swingman touted as a top 50 prospect in high school. He has added some much-needed muscle since his lone season at VCU and should be able to pick up some of the scoring and rebounding slack created by Hamilton’s departure.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play in our system.

On another note, Gonzaga just might have the best backcourt in the country.

Reaction Score
Of all the recruits we've missed out on over the last few years, Perkins might hurt the most. Not because he has the best future or is the best player, but because he'd have been the perfect fit for what we needed over the last two seasons.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Did he go overseas or is he in camp with OKC?

I wish the kid had gotten better advice.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maybe Larrier is the reason Dan Ham left. It is the most reasonable explanation and would bode well.

I really think it's as simple as he'd rather play professional ball rather than college ball/school. There really appears to be no external motivation other than that.

I doubt he lacks the confidence to fight for minutes with Larrier.

Reaction Score
I think your right that d ham would rather be playing bro ball than going to college, but I do think that because larrier is here now, it would have made d ham compete more which I'm not sure he wanted to do. Obviously now that he's in the NBA he has to compete against guys way better that terry, but atleast he's getting payed. Only reason I say this is because whenever it got rough for him on the court he seemed to get down on himself, not every time but most of the time.

Reaction Score
Just tried to check his status with the NBA starting up. Google News section, this was the first result.

Jokes aside were you able to find anything on him? Googling led me nowhere, surprised there isn't anything out there in regards to the DLeague or overseas.

Reaction Score
Jokes aside were you able to find anything on him? Googling led me nowhere, surprised there isn't anything out there in regards to the DLeague or overseas.

This is the most recent thing I can find. Looks like no news is truly no news in this case:

Daniel Hamilton Rumors | Hoops Rumors

"Meanwhile, the fates of two players selected in the second round of June’s draft remain unclear. Daniel Hamilton, picked 56th overall by the Thunder, and Tyrone Wallace, the 60th overall pick by the Jazz, haven’t yet signed with their respective teams and also haven’t committed to playing overseas.

While we don’t know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes for Hamilton and Wallace, the most likely scenario for each player at this point is following in the footsteps of 58th overall pick Abdel Nader. A Celtics draftee, Nader agreed to play for Boston's D-League affiliate this season. That allows the Celtics to retain Nader’s NBA rights and to keep an eye on him in Maine, while ensuring that he’ll have a job for the coming season, albeit one that pays very modestly.

Nader and his agent had considered pushing for an NBA deal, but if the Celtics had signed Nader, they likely would have subsequently waived him at the end of the preseason, assigning him to the Maine Red Claws while losing his NBA rights. In that scenario, Nader would have ended up in the same place, but the Celtics wouldn’t have had a vested interest in his development, since they would no longer have held his NBA rights.

We don’t know yet whether Hamilton and Wallace have reached any sort of agreements with the Thunder and Jazz, respectively, but both teams have D-League affiliates, and both organizations are solid and respected. It would make sense for Hamilton and Wallace to accept D-League assignments without NBA contracts, in the hopes that they can develop and impress their teams’ coaches, eventually earning a call-up.

In all likelihood, the Motiejunas, Hamilton, and Wallace situations will each be resolved within the next few weeks, so we’ll keep a close eye on them until then."

Reaction Score
Yeah no Thnuder blog I read projected he would make the roster, so makes sense if he hasn't even signed a contract.

Remember, the Thunder were the ones who famously stashed 1st rounder Huestis in the D-League.

C

Chief00

Sixteen transfers who will make the biggest impact this season

7. Terry Larrier, UConn (from VCU)

Comment: While Daniel Hamilton’s ill-advised decision to turn pro was a blow to UConn, the Huskies can take solace that his replacement shares a lot of similar traits. Like Hamilton, Larrier is a spindly 6-foot-8 swingman touted as a top 50 prospect in high school. He has added some much-needed muscle since his lone season at VCU and should be able to pick up some of the scoring and rebounding slack created by Hamilton’s departure.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play in our system.

I have only seen him play a couple of times but impressed with his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom