Transfer rules | The Boneyard

Transfer rules

Reaction Score
A friend is looking for some advice. I know the transfer rules for UConn at this level, but let's say a kid wants to transfer from Central Connecticut to another school at that level. Do they have to sit out a year? Are the transfer rules the same at every level?

Reaction Score
A friend is looking for some advice. I know the transfer rules for UConn at this level, but let's say a kid wants to transfer from Central Connecticut to another school at that level. Do they have to sit out a year? Are the transfer rules the same at every level?
If they go down a level of play they are eligible right away..if they go up or laterally they have to sit out a year as far as I know. Example UConn to Central or Central to Southern they can play.... Central to Stony Brook or Southern to New Haven they have to sit.

Reaction Score
If they go down a level of play they are eligible right away..if they go up or laterally they have to sit out a year as far as I know. Example UConn to Central or Central to Southern they can play.... Central to Stony Brook or Southern to New Haven they have to sit.
D1-AA and D1-A are considered the same level for transfers. They'd have to sit transferring UConn to Central. That's why Kyle Buss had to get a waiver to play this season after transferring from Robert Morris. Now UConn to Southern he could play immediately I believe as they're D2.

Reaction Score
D1-AA and D1-A are considered the same level for transfers. They'd have to sit transferring UConn to Central. That's why Kyle Buss had to get a waiver to play this season after transferring from Robert Morris. Now UConn to Southern he could play immediately I believe as they're D2.
You used to be able to transfer from FBS to FCS and not sit..hence how Towson and Delaware load up on kids from MD and V Tech...If this has changed it was recent as in sat year or 2. You always has to sit if you went up a competition level or went laterally.

Reaction Score

They are not considered the same. Buss transferred up, which is why he needed the waiver. If he transferred from UConn down to Robert Morris he'd be eligible immediately.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. I will pass the information along.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom