Transfer Portal - June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is having having itself quite a week:

• Rasir Bolton surprises by returning for a fifth year
  • Timme and Swarther return from draft
  • Add Malachi Smith
I’ve watched a few Chattanooga games over the last two years and Smith is 100% a high-major guy. Aggressive bucket getter.

Between Bolton, Smith, Hickman and Sallis…quite a backcourt!

Overall TEN players return from their roster.

Reaction Score
spoke too soon (earlier this morning) about them not being a final 4 contender. this could be as good a team as theyve had the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arguably the best transfer available, Mosley signs with Missouri, who grew up in Columbia, MO.

I've written about it here over and over, but just WOW, Dennis Gates is doing an amazing job this offseason. Four of his seven transfers averaged 14+ ppg last season.

Reaction Score
Justin Powell to Washington State.

He had a meh season at Tennessee (3.7 ppg in 14 mpg), but was a 11.7p, 6.1r, 4.7a, 44.2 3p% player at Auburn (albeit against their OOC schedule).

Looking at Washington State's lineup, he's likely to start at PG. Washington State's coach is Kyle Smith, former San Francisco coach, who is not afraid to put out some unconventional lineups.

Powell needs a more free flowing system and I think he'll flourish in Pullman.

Reaction Score
A Sean Paul article about three key transfers points to:
  • Former UConn target Courtney Ramey is between Arizona and West Virginia for his grad transfer year. There appears to be a heavy lean for Arizona, which makes a ton of sense since Arizona only have 9 schollies filled as of now. West Virginia added Erik Stevenson and Joe Toussaint, plus Arizona is just such a fun system to play in.
  • Joey Baker has visited Michigan and Georgia. Michigan makes a ton of sense since they have a ton of talent at the wings, but are super young.
  • Jacob Grandison visited Duke. Perfect landing spot for him as Duke is in dire need of veteran depth and their transfer haul so far (Ryan Young from NW, Kale Catchings from Harvard and Max Johns from Princeton) are more depth pieces while Grandison can start for Duke as a stretch forward (9.6 ppg, 41 3p%).

Reaction Score
Big pickup for Duke as Grandison will be plugged into the 3 spot to play along with freshmen Lively/Whitehead/Filipowski (#1, #2, #4 prospects of '22) and returning junior Roach at a point.

Reaction Score
spoke too soon (earlier this morning) about them not being a final 4 contender. this could be as good a team as theyve had the past 2 seasons.
It feels crazy that they still have never won a championship. It’s not easy, I know. But they have had a bunch of loaded teams

Reaction Score

decommit from oregon. even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

He’s super talented. I wonder if he has trouble qualifying or something else because no reason Oregon wouldnt have provided all cash necessary, and his final schools after decommitting were Pitt, Washington St and maybe miss st. Just based on talent, most schools would want this kid. Former sewer commit too

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

A player who can’t commit to anything and a coach that runs half his team off every year. Boy, I can’t wait to see how this story ends

Reaction Score

I forgot that Akot is still available. A "point-forward" who was originally an Arizona commit.

Looking at that list, I'd go to NC State. A chance to finish his career in the ACC, they have holes to fill at the 3 (Seabron) and 4 spots (Hellems) and they have a fun collection of guards to play with.

Reaction Score

I forgot that Akot is still available. A "point-forward" who was originally an Arizona commit.

Looking at that list, I'd go to NC State. A chance to finish his career in the ACC, they have holes to fill at the 3 (Seabron) and 4 spots (Hellems) and they have a fun collection of guards to play with.

How could he pass up a chance to play for Penny tho….

Reaction Score
A player who can’t commit to anything and a coach that runs half his team off every year. Boy, I can’t wait to see how this story ends
For how bad Pittsburgh has been during the Capel era (51-69), I'm actually surprised how decently Pittsburgh's offseason has gone:
  • Top-two scorers return (Hugley 14.8) and Burton (12.4) returns for his fifth year
  • Added Dior Johnson (#37 in 247 composite)
  • They had a solid three-man transfer haul
    • Nelly Cummings, grad transfer PG from Colgate, 14.7p, 3.4a, 36 3p%, arguably one of the better guards available in the portal
    • Greg Elliott, grad transfer SG from Marquette, 7p, 38.6 3p%
    • Blake Hinson, PF from Iowa State, had injury issues but was a 10.1 ppg player at Ole Miss
  • Two interesting JC pieces
    • Guard Cashius McNeilly, was the #131 prospect of '20
    • Forward Federiko Fedoriko, 8 D1 offers including St. John's and OK State
  • Added the Diaz Graham brothers from Spain, two seven footers who played at IMG last year. Guillermo had offers from Maryland, Utah and Georgia Tech
  • Nike Sibande, who tore his ACL last year, was granted a waiver to play this year for his fifth healthy year of college basketball. Averaged 6.9p, 43.6 3p% in 14 games at Pitt during the 20-21 season. Prior to that, he was a 15.1 ppg player at Miami (OH) over three seasons.
In summary, I'm not looking at that offseason and saying "wow, they will get out of the gutter of the ACC", but it was a pretty decent offseason for a team that has been consistently bad for five straight years.

Reaction Score
Any talk of us getting in the mix for Pete Nance from Northwestern?

7. Pete Nance, 6-10, 225 lbs., PF, Sr., Northwestern

Nance, who withdrew from the NBA draft, checks a lot of boxes for teams in need of a frontcourt player. He's 6-10, but shot 45.2% from 3 last season, averaging 14.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists.

Reaction Score

Nance, who withdrew from the NBA draft, checks a lot of boxes for teams in need of a frontcourt player. He's 6-10, but shot 45.2% from 3 last season, averaging 14.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
if there's talk it's not happening on this board

Reaction Score

He's going to UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco