Transfer-pocalypse 2020 Update | The Boneyard

Transfer-pocalypse 2020 Update

Reaction Score
Hi all, I just wanted to circle back to see if any of our transfers even ended up at D1 schools?

Everyone around here was hyperventilating as the combination of high turnover and a couple of Diaco recruits chirping on twitter sent everyone into a tizzy.

If we are losing kids to Auburn, Georgia, or even like BC that is a reason for concern. If we are losing kids to Elon, William & Mary, and Furman that is probably mutually beneficial and I won't lose sleep over it.

Does anyone have any follow-up on where kids went?

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
  9. WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)

From the transfer portal - outbound thread, and as far as I have seen, that list is still up to date

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hi all, I just wanted to circle back to see if any of our transfers even ended up at D1 schools?

Everyone around here was hyperventilating as the combination of high turnover and a couple of Diaco recruits chirping on twitter sent everyone into a tizzy.

If we are losing kids to Auburn, Georgia, or even like BC that is a reason for concern. If we are losing kids to Elon, William & Mary, and Furman that is probably mutually beneficial and I won't lose sleep over it.

Learn the that those schools are all D1 then come back to us.

Reaction Score
Learn the that those schools are all D1 then come back to us.

Sentences are hard, I feel ya.

So everyone who has announced to date is basically stepping down a level cuz they aren't FBS players. Got it. It seems to make sense for both parties to part ways and all of the massive freaking out around here was a bit premature. Cool.

Reaction Score
FCS and FBS are both D1. Common misconception among dummies

LOL k bro.

Pedantry - the final, lonely, pathetic refuge of the troll.

Only a true, dedicated moron would point out that Auburn and Elon are both technically D1 without very easily intuiting that I didn't feel like describing that there are different "levels" of D1. P5, FBS, FCS. My intent was crystal clear from the first post, to determine who was going to "good" and "bad" schools. Up or down.

The fact that you read my post and, instead of crediting that I know what I'm talking about and contributing to a conversation, instead decided to launch an inane and pitiful attack speaks to how worthless you must consider your own time. I'm sorry for you.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FCS and FBS are both D1. Common misconception among dummies

Only because they stopped using the A and AA designations and renamed them FBS and FCS. Common misconception among dummies.

Reaction Score
I recall recently reading that Gillespie was in the Running Back plans since Black left... Since he is suspended indefinitely, wouldn't that mean RE has to look at portal as well as JUCO for RBs?

Reaction Score
We would have had four of five offensive linemen from a pretty good offensive line return. Only one did. The rest went into the portal. I don't care how you rationalize it, that was terrible.

Reaction Score
So after all the brouhaha about the number of players choosing the transfer portal, the overwhelming number of FCS transfers appear to ratify what Edsall has been saying all along. If and when several of his new recruits start to mesh with those remaining players who are now fully "re-committed" to the program, this team just may surprise. Like we've seen all winter with men's basketball, I'm looking forward to a highly competitive team effort and a more hopeful outcome for husky football this fall.

Reaction Score
We would have had four of five offensive linemen from a pretty good offensive line return. Only one did.

We return Van Demark, Haynes, and Niedrowski as starters. How does that equal one?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So after all the brouhaha about the number of players choosing the transfer portal, the overwhelming number of FCS transfers appear to ratify what Edsall has been saying all along. If and when several of his new recruits start to mesh with those remaining players who are now fully "re-committed" to the program, this team just may surprise. Like we've seen all winter with men's basketball, I'm looking forward to a highly competitive team effort and a more hopeful outcome for husky football this fall.

I'm firmly in the Missouri "show me" state of mind going forward.

The bigger point of quantity vs. quality has been proven by over 120 other FBS coaching staff who looked at 20 some Huskies transferring and didn't like anything of what they saw. The argument over whether the players leaving were viewed as being quality or impact FBS players is over.

Reaction Score
I'm firmly in the Missouri "show me" state of mind going forward.

The bigger point of quantity vs. quality has been proven by over 120 other FBS coaching staff who looked at 20 some Huskies transferring and didn't like anything of what they saw. The argument over whether the players leaving were viewed as being quality or impact FBS players is over.
Some transfers are still finishing their last semester at UConn and can’t officially be a grad transfer until they are actual grads. Some may still hook on with P5 schools.

Reaction Score

You’re looking at the wrong indicator. The kids who stayed would likely have the same options or worse.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why a victory lap is needed here. HCRE has to produce this year, no excuses. I especially don't want to hear "we have a young team."

Like I get the need to cut loose 5th year people. But at some point I’d rather have more of them around because every year this team just stays young.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the comments as to youthfulness, I think we all would agree there was a lot of division on last year’s team. Blame aside, I’d rather have a team committed to common goals - that should help overcome youthful mistakes.

Reaction Score
So a team full of below average players are not finding better landing spots? That shouldn't surprise anyone. The concern was that some of these players leaving probably would've had key roles next season, and still decided to risk their scholarship than to play for Randy again. That's a red flag on Edsall.

Reaction Score
So a team full of below average players are not finding better landing spots? That shouldn't surprise anyone. The concern was that some of these players leaving probably would've had key roles next season, and still decided to risk their scholarship than to play for Randy again. That's a red flag on Edsall.
They are not coming back to be third string.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the comments as to youthfulness, I think we all would agree there was a lot of division on last year’s team. Blame aside, I’d rather have a team committed to common goals - that should help overcome youthful mistakes.
As part of the all, I am/was not aware of "a lot of division on last year's team". Let me know what I missed. Just thought is was a team with to low talent/experience level of players vs. competition and a low talent coaching staff. What were the divisions about?

Reaction Score
I suspect that a goodly number were “advised” that they might be better off elsewhere. I’m sure there were a few that would have been good to keep But I would bet that the number was pretty small.

Reaction Score
As part of the all, I am/was not aware of "a lot of division on last year's team". Let me know what I missed. Just thought is was a team with to low talent/experience level of players vs. competition and a low talent coaching staff. What were the divisions about?
There are lots of threads on this, but to sum up, a good number of players that "portaled" (and some parents, and some that graduated during RE 2.0) have expressed their outright disdain for him and his methods very publicly on Twitter. The biggest complaint seemed to be that the development of Edsall's guys took precedence and Diaco's guys were mainly put out to pasture. Those not getting the playing time/attention they thought they deserved likely also would have voiced their displeasure in the locker room/around campus. Presumably, those guys are gone now and those left have bought into what RE 2.0 is preaching.

Those getting the playing time the past few years should now be developed enough so that on-field results tangibly improve. If not, then the argument that Edsall just replaced older FCS players for younger FCS players will start gaining traction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom