Transfer PG Kira Lewis (Sit 1 Play 3) | The Boneyard

Transfer PG Kira Lewis (Sit 1 Play 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting Hurley would go after a sit-a-year player already being down a schollie.

Reaction Score
Interesting Hurley would go after a sit-a-year player already being down a schollie.
It's about talent. If we're down to relying on our last scholarship, next year is going to be bad anyhow. Might as well stack it up for the future, and 3 years of a guard who led an SEC team in scoring at 17 years old is as forward thinking as possible

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
? Kid was one of the best freshman in the country last year.
It's about talent. If we're down to relying on our last scholarship, next year is going to be bad anyhow. Might as well stack it up for the future, and 3 years of a guard who led an SEC team in scoring at 17 years old is as forward thinking as possible
Fair points. I certainly wouldn't complain if we somehow landed the kid. I'd be thrilled. But I don't think we will.

Reaction Score
Just piggybacking, it's tough to say no to a kid who could be one of the best players in the country 2 years from now. Plus the staff recruited him last spring so there's a relationship there. Everyone will want Lewis, but you never know.

I'm assuming he'll file for a waiver, and basically then the ball would be in Alabama's court in terms of eligibility. Last year, if the school a player was leaving recommended that he should be able to play right away, the NCAA typically let them. I heard that on a podcast recently, which explains the apparent randomness of the waivers last year to some degree.

Reaction Score
Just piggybacking, it's tough to say no to a kid who could be one of the best players in the country 2 years from now. Plus the staff recruited him last spring so there's a relationship there. Everyone will want Lewis, but you never know.

I'm assuming he'll file for a waiver, and basically then the ball would be in Alabama's court in terms of eligibility. Last year, if the school a player was leaving recommended that he should be able to play right away, the NCAA typically let them. I heard that on a podcast recently, which explains the apparent randomness of the waivers last year to some degree.
It never hurts to ask

Reaction Score
It never hurts to ask
I would assume Alabama will want their transfers to sit seeing that everyone is leaving and they don't want more players to feel free to exit.

Reaction Score
I would assume Alabama will want their transfers to sit seeing that everyone is leaving and they don't want more players to feel free to exit.

Except the new Alabama coach has a good relationship with Hurley

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He averaged 13.5 points and almost 3 assist a game. He shoots 36% from three's and 78% from the free throw line

Reaction Score
It would seem likely he'll look most favorably on those schools who offered him before he decided to go to Alabama and, if that's the case, we're in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom