Train to XL Center | The Boneyard

Train to XL Center

Reaction Score
Was curious if anyone had any experience taking the train to the XL center for games. I work near Wallingford so I was thinking of parking there for 2 bucks and then taking a quick train ride 5 bucks to Union Station and then walking over to the XL center (maybe grabbing a beer somewhere in between to kill time). Only downside that I see is that after a game a train leaves Hartford at 8:40 and then not again until 10:24 so if a game ends at 9 that is a pretty long wait.

First time getting season tickets at XL, will probably just drive up to the games but was curious if anyone had any experiences good or bad

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Since you are just half an hour away wouldn't it be faster/easier to just drive and park in the lots/garages ?

Aren't most lots/garages like $10 for game day? I usually go on weekends and have parked in Morgan/Market St lots and Church St garage - they were $10 I believe.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've heard it's fine, if a bit loud.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Was curious if anyone had any experience taking the train to the XL center for games. I work near Wallingford so I was thinking of parking there for 2 bucks and then taking a quick train ride 5 bucks to Union Station and then walking over to the XL center (maybe grabbing a beer somewhere in between to kill time). Only downside that I see is that after a game a train leaves Hartford at 8:40 and then not again until 10:24 so if a game ends at 9 that is a pretty long wait.

First time getting season tickets at XL, will probably just drive up to the games but was curious if anyone had any experiences good or bad

Not a bad thing to do with a number of places to get a drink and then head to the XL center. Free parking to boot

Reaction Score
do it. tickets are cheap, you can drink, and it's only a couple blocks from the station to XL.

Reaction Score
I've taken the train a bunch and they're great. Super convenient, cheap, and you can have a few beers and not worry about it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Since you are just half an hour away wouldn't it be faster/easier to just drive and park in the lots/garages ?

Aren't most lots/garages like $10 for game day? I usually go on weekends and have parked in Morgan/Market St lots and Church St garage - they were $10 I believe.
You’re not considering Lamont’s tolls, probably run you $3.00 one way Wallingford to Hartford off peak.

Best take the train and spend money at a local liquor store.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom