Track & Field/CC recuit choice | The Boneyard

Track & Field/CC recuit choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read this in my local paper over the weekend and was impressed to see a cross-country and track recruit pick UConn over Cornell based on both athletic and academic opportunities.

"For Don Bosco's Townsend, Connecticut was an obvious choice. And not just because the school has a standout computer engineering program.

My parents and I made a list of the 100 top engineering schools in the country and the 100 top track schools and see where they matched," said the Pequannock resident, an All-North Jersey cross-country selection in 2012 and a 9:12 3,200-meter runner last spring. "We found 10 matches and then saw how I stacked up with grades and SAT scores." With schools like Brown, Cornell, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Syracuse on the list in addition to Connecticut, the Townsends made some unofficial visits to narrow the list. And Townsend contacted the schools to gauge their interest.

Rhode Island and Massachusetts actually sought me out first, but after we looked closer it came down to Cornell and Connecticut," said Townsend, who missed the 2013 cross-country season with a hip and leg injury that defied diagnosis for a long period of time. "It was a real tough decision but I'm happy with my choice and that they want me."

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/2...ck__Local_stars_select_colleges.html?page=all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom