Tournament Eligibility | The Boneyard

Tournament Eligibility

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
so...Does the NCAA make some teams ineligible this year or do the kids on those teams two years from now, when the current coach is gone, pay the price?

Will NCAA adjust any 2018 W/L’s now or in 5 years?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well you heard K and Duke as well as MSU announce they're sure about nothing inappropriate on their kids so all should be fine.:rolleyes:

These kids should all be kept out if these tapes are conclusive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
so...Does the NCAA make some teams ineligible this year or do the kids on those teams two years from now, when the current coach is gone, pay the price?

Will NCAA adjust any 2018 W/L’s now or in 5 years?

How? They don’t own the evidence.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They might not own it but it’s right there, no??

How can you let Arizona in tourney this year?

I don’t see how the NCAA can start handing out punishments based off media reports.

It’s better for us to leave these schools in and have it be the entire story anyway.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I don’t see how the NCAA can start handing out punishments based off media reports.

It’s better for us to leave these schools in and have it be the entire story anyway.
I hear ya. And in three years some poor sophomore at Arizona will never play a tourney game because of what happened in 2017.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
FLASH--FLASH--FLASH, BULLETIN--JUST IN UConn banned from all future NCAA tournaments because Toby Kimball received a stick of gum back in 1964.
More likely for the 60-61 gambling scandal than the gum incident.

;-)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well you heard K and Duke as well as MSU announce they're sure about nothing inappropriate on their kids so all should be fine.:rolleyes:

These kids should all be kept out if these tapes are conclusive.
Reminds me of the time the news broke that Cam Newton’s father was shopping him around for crazy amounts of money and there was in NCAA investigation that lasted about 3 days that ended up finding nothing.

Reaction Score
It's football Ts. Big money coming in especially in SEC. Surprised it took all of 3 days.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Shaq's kid bails? Ollie should get on that, it could save his job...or cost his job depending on how much we can pay him.

Reaction Score
Just want to throw in a somewhat related statement by fmr Coach Steve Lappas who felt the need to pull over on the way to calling a game and call Sirius XM ESPNU Radio. He said vacating wins and titles, and pre-emptively offering a current year playoff ban do little or nothing to discourage years of successful cheating. The only way to discourage it is a minimum 2 year Tournament ban starting with the next year. Current players and commits can transfer without penalty. That is the only remedy which causes real pain moving forward outside of the death penalty. They will lose transfers and the best recruits will look elsewhere.

IMO he's 100% right.

Reaction Score
Just want to throw in a somewhat related statement by fmr Coach Steve Lappas who felt the need to pull over on the way to calling a game and call Sirius XM ESPNU Radio. He said vacating wins and titles, and pre-emptively offering a current year playoff ban do little or nothing to discourage years of successful cheating. The only way to discourage it is a minimum 2 year Tournament ban starting with the next year. Current players and commits can transfer without penalty. That is the only remedy which causes real pain moving forward outside of the death penalty. They will lose transfers and the best recruits will look elsewhere.

IMO he's 100% right.
I say both. Starting today

Unlesss we’re implicated of course. Than I’ll take what duke gets.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time the news broke that Cam Newton’s father was shopping him around for crazy amounts of money and there was in NCAA investigation that lasted about 3 days that ended up finding nothing.
And it came out years later that he was indeed doing so and talking openly about it and Auburn, Bama, Clemson, FSU and a few others that were involved were cleared.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom