Tough Vote: Stewie Uber Alles | The Boneyard

Tough Vote: Stewie Uber Alles

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Where's the umlaut when you need it.

Breanna Stewart named USA Basketball's 2018 Female Athlete of the Year

Okay, we knew it was a shoe in, but still....

“It’s really an honor,” Stewart said in a statement. “Each time that I’ve won has had its own special meaning, its own special place. This one is special, because I was in a different position than I was with the other ones. I was playing with a lot of younger players and had to perform really well and be at my best at the World Cup. It wasn’t a team that had a lot of time together, and we didn’t have a lot of time to work with coach [Dawn] Staley in putting the pieces together.”

I'm reminded of a far shorter statement as Stewie went into her first WNBA championship run: "I was made for this."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hmmm. The USAB Female Athlete of the Year, Breanna Stewart. Not Diana Taurasi or Sue Bird. Not Jordan Horston, Aliyah Boston, Haley Jones, or Paige Bueckers. The path to the highest level of success runs through the Werth Champions Center.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So you're saying RMB is in the tank for the shoe company?
Yes. Clearly. All he is thinking about today is dessert. Nike sends him goodies, he makes a little faux pas. BTW, I did not originally intend that pun En Francais. But once it was out there it was so darn cute! ;):rolleyes:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought you intended to type that he makes a little "fart gas" and what we got was the result of your autocorrect. :oops:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember a play against Vandy her freshman year where I literally sat up in my seat and took notice. I've watched her ever since and thought she could be the GOAT. Achieving this honor on top of all of her other accolades this year puts her well on the way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So the person Muffet blocked on twitter was just voted the USA Basketball 2018 Female Athlete of the Year. Outstanding.

Congrats from Muffie in the mail or even more likely being tweeted this second. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I remember a play against Vandy her freshman year where I literally sat up in my seat and took notice. I've watched her ever since and thought she could be the GOAT. Achieving this honor on top of all of her other accolades this year puts her well on the way.
Can you describe the play? Was that the 3 blocks in a single possession, or was that later in her career?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom