Tough here in North Carolina | The Boneyard

Tough here in North Carolina

Reaction Score
It's been tough being ten minutes from both Duke and UNC. I have tried to confined my BB talk to the UCONN Women. Yesterday I was asked, jokingly, if the men were still Division 1 (not funny). We now have BB and FB teams who play like bad mid-majors. FB is hopefully on the way up. BB still hasn't made the required changes. I hope one of the assistants is acting coach before the next game.

I loved KO the player, but he is neither the mentor or strategist that the know-nothing talking heads say he is. All they know is what the U gives them in the press book.

Reaction Score
It's been tough being ten minutes from both Duke and UNC. I have tried to confined my BB talk to the UCONN Women. Yesterday I was asked, jokingly, if the men were still Division 1 (not funny). We now have BB and FB teams who play like bad mid-majors. FB is hopefully on the way up. BB still hasn't made the required changes. I hope one of the assistants is acting coach before the next game.

I loved KO the player, but he is neither the mentor or strategist that the know-nothing talking heads say he is. All they know is what the U gives them in the press book.
view

Reaction Score
Too bad to hear. I work in the triangle and walk tall with husky pride regardless. Take any program or coach, off of sanctions, recruiting limits, following a hall of gamer, get thrown in s crap conference, keep what you can, try again, have guys leave who shouldn’t or feel they deserve more , etc.... remember Kentucky coach tubby smith? He won a title then got booted, aside from a stint in Minnesota nothing to really brag about in obscurity. Coach k in the meacc after 5 years would not be gaining much interest, regardless of his past.

Reaction Score

Just ask how Duke did against BC.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't give up on KO yet. He has to figure out how to get his players to play JC-style stifling defense. If he can do that, he can be a good coach. He's shown he has some recruiting skills and can lead a team to a championship. He's struggling with the player discipline/motivation part. Getting them to work hard, consistently, and enjoy doing it -- that's the ticket for KO.

This year the offense is going to be poor because of the lack of a point guard and one-dimensionality of the offense when only one guy (Jalen) can make a pass. But if the defense is good, we can have something to root for and hope for next year. KO needs to give us hope.

Reaction Score
Don't give up on KO yet. He has to figure out how to get his players to play JC-style stifling defense. If he can do that, he can be a good coach. He's shown he has some recruiting skills and can lead a team to a championship. He's struggling with the player discipline/motivation part. Getting them to work hard, consistently, and enjoy doing it -- that's the ticket for KO.

This year the offense is going to be poor because of the lack of a point guard and one-dimensionality of the offense when only one guy (Jalen) can make a pass. But if the defense is good, we can have something to root for and hope for next year. KO needs to give us hope.
KO's days are close to over. To not given up on him is your right though most observant fans can see he isn't the coach for us going forward.

Reaction Score
Carolina fans with a good memory probably wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) say much bad about UConn. You saved us in 1999 and 2004, and the world owes you much. And any day is a good day to speak bad about Duke, but especially after they lose.

Reaction Score
Give it a rest...
Ok be in self-denial is your right but KO is getting a lot of money to have more successful results on the floor. I have the right to call for his head. I have been watching for 30 years UCONN basketball since Corny Thompson, Karl Hobbs and Mike McKay days and have been to 4 of our 5 final fours. I can't stand the product this coach is putting on the floor. It is just embarrassing basketball.

Reaction Score
Ok be in self-denial is your right but KO is getting a lot of money to have more successful results on the floor. I have the right to call for his head. I have been watching for 30 years UCONN basketball since Corny Thompson, Karl Hobbs and Mike McKay days and have been to 4 of our 5 final fours. I can't stand the product this coach is putting on the floor. It is just embarrassing basketball.
Well your certainly entitled to you opinion and entitled you sound! I'll never give up. Roll over!

Reaction Score
Well your certainly entitled to you opinion and entitled you sound! I'll never give up. Roll over!
I'm not giving up on UCONN just KO as a coach.

Reaction Score
Everyone if you don't agree with uconn dad you're a horrible dad! Entitled you sound for being realistic!

Reaction Score
KO's days are close to over. To not given up on him is your right though most observant fans can see he isn't the coach for us going forward.

I know someone on the BOD. They had a suite at MSG during the Syracuse game. Told me most left at halftime. What does that tell you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom