Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was painful and sad to watch. McBride is a great player who put a lot of pressure on herself.

There was a moment early in the game when McBride committed a turnover and she slammed the ball down on the court. I knew at that moment that UConn would win the game. It was too early for a reaction like that and showed that ND was wound a little too tight.

Reaction Score
Both her and Natalie have been a big part of ND's success. Wish them both well in the future.

Reaction Score
Give a lot of credit to McBride. She appeared to be the only one to show up for nd.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Give a lot of credit to McBride. She appeared to be the only one to show up for nd.

That's really not fair to the rest of the team. Jewell Lloyd...hit some key shots. Reimer given that she only had a short couple of days to replace the best post player on the team against the top competition in the country...did as good a job as could be expected. Defensively, Notre Dame made it tough on UConn, it wasn't the walk in the park that a 21 point win might suggest.

Reaction Score
Really easy player to like. I admire her skill, grit, tenacity and will to win. She's considered a top 5 pick in this draft, but I think her potential impact on this WNBA season has been understated. She's going to help a team in many ways immediately.

Reaction Score
If I had a team, I'd want her on it....a true warrior, and I'd want any player for whom defeat is that hard a pill to swallow.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'd look for McBride on the US National team in Turkey this year. And she will deserve it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It's always tough to lose, especially for such a game competitor.
And remember McBride & Co. had found ways to win in the past.
And caused us a lot of grief.

But last night it was a little unfair.
ND had only 2 great players against our 5
And as I predicted, one was largely neutralized.
It was just too big a task for Kayla to do it (almost) by herself.
The frustration was huge, being guarded by the ball hawk sprite, or the over-sized but quick Stewie
and the double teams coming every time she got in a shooting position.

I admire her will to win and her on-the-sleeve emotionality.
She'll be a huge asset in the pros where she'll have to be guarded straight up.

Reaction Score
I'm so glad UConn will never have to play against Kayla McBride again.

Looking forward to seeing her in the W, and Natalie Achonwa on Team Canada for a decade to come.

HGN

Reaction Score
I like Kayla McBride.........She's a very talented player and seems to be a nice young lady. And I know it was tough for her , and her teammates , to come up short of a championship 3 out of 4 trips to the FF. But I would rather for ND to have come up short than UConn...... I would have not wanted to see Stef and Bria crying their senior year and season after a loss either.

When 2 titans collide in a Championship game like that someone has to lose. I am just glad it wasn't UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I, too, like McBride. However, I do not see her being a top 3 draftee as Doris said last night as long as Chiney, Odyssey, and Stef are in the draft.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I read in one of the stories from SB that she had been suspended from the team her freshman year for an undisclosed violation (and it was a long suspension.) Whatever it was, to grow as a young woman and to become such a strong leader for her team is very impressive.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That's really not fair to the rest of the team. Jewell Lloyd...hit some key shots. Reimer given that she only had a short couple of days to replace the best post player on the team against the top competition in the country...did as good a job as could be expected. Defensively, Notre Dame made it tough on UConn, it wasn't the walk in the park that a 21 point win might suggest.
Reimer did as good a job as expected which was mediocre.

ND did a fair job on defense, but if the guards shot better they would have won by 30.

I thought Uconn made it look like a walk in the park. I don't think it was closer than 6 in the first half once Uconn built a lead.

Reaction Score
Defensively, Notre Dame made it tough on UConn, it wasn't the walk in the park that a 21 point win might suggest.

Gotta disagree. The announcers mentioned how easy it was for UConn to run their offense and even Stef said they pretty much could do what they wanted. UConn missed open shots.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
When it was all about Diggins, I remember it was McBride dropping all the bombs on UConn - and I think I pointed it out in a thread back then, too that it was McBride who scared me more than that other one. She is a warrior, and I believe that last night she tried to put that team on her back to get the W, especially when she appeared to be asking herself what she could have done to get that win during that interview.

I understand that it is a part of the winning/losing of a big tourney process, but sometimes it seems a bit cruel to stick a camera and a mike in the faces of the team who comes out second, especially when emotions are so close the surface and hard to control. I wish her the best, and I know that she will do very well in the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom