tOSU gives up 103 pts in regulation! | The Boneyard

tOSU gives up 103 pts in regulation!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lost to Iowa, dropped to 5-3 in Big 10. With a Sr. laden team that is not lacking talent, they should be better than this. I've given McGuff some props for quickly turning UW around and getting them headed in the right direction, but yeah I don't think it's working out so well in Columbus.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
tOSU Team tough to figure, definitely under performing, what is their team identity? Everything revolves around Mitchell...doing less with more I guess...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Frese's crew crushed a mediocre Northwestern team 68-65. Looks more like the B0G 10 this year. Neither of these teams look like NCAA Quarterfinal teams this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ever since McGuff showed up in Columbus, defense has been an afterthought. So any night that Mitchell has one of her 7-25 shooting nights, the Buckeyes are vulnerable.

Maybe after C Viv get's her 1000 at RU she could jump to Ohio and turned them into the Jewel ... oh never mind. :oops::p

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Idk, I always thought most of their "talent" besides Mitchell was seriously overrated.

Ohio State just isn't that good.
I sort of agree in that I think Mitchell is overrated but the couple of games that I have seen Mavunga play, she was a beast inside. But like someone else posted, she must be having an up and down season. BTW, I have absolutely no love for OSU (or the BIG10, in general).

Reaction Score
Iowa is a solid program for sure, work hard, good fundamental basketball, competitive team with great kids. Wish them much success...
Megan Gustafson of Iowa is fourth in rebounds per game, second in double doubles, and first in field goals made. She seems to be quite a player.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I sort of agree in that I think Mitchell is overrated but the couple of games that I have seen Mavunga play, she was a beast inside. But like someone else posted, she must be having an up and down season. BTW, I have absolutely no love for OSU (or the BIG10, in general).

I didn't see any of these games, but it looks like Ohio State got worked over inside by Thome for Michigan and by Gustafson for Iowa. That's been my observation in the past, too. She's an excellent rebounder so she will usually end up with some decent looking stats, but good opposing posts will more than counterbalance it with their own production.

Seems as though she was in foul trouble against Iowa (15 pts, 10 reb in just 18 mins and ended the game with 5 fouls).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa is a solid program for sure, work hard, good fundamental basketball, competitive team with great kids. Wish them much success...

Looks like guard Kathleen Doyle, the former player of the year in Illinois, is over the injury from earlier in the season (ankle?): She dropped in 25 against OSU, which gives Iowa an outside - inside (Gustafson) punch. Boneyarders might remember she had committed to Nebraska but went to Iowa following the Connie Yori debacle (who just resurfaced at Creighton as a consultant).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You seem to be saying Ohio has a Coaching problem---if a team is loaded with talent and isn't winning large--that say coach to me. It is up to the coach to create a team, effective both offensively and defensively.

Reaction Score
Don't overlook that OSU scored 89 points. Total points for this non-overtime game were 192! Seems like a WNBA All-Star game score. Did anyone defend anything?

Reaction Score
I didn't see any of these games, but it looks like Ohio State got worked over inside by Thome for Michigan and by Gustafson for Iowa. That's been my observation in the past, too. She's an excellent rebounder so she will usually end up with some decent looking stats, but good opposing posts will more than counterbalance it with their own production.

Seems as though she was in foul trouble against Iowa (15 pts, 10 reb in just 18 mins and ended the game with 5 fouls).

Mavunga had the same issues she when played at UNC when it came to good opposing posts. Brianna Turner and Elizabeth Williams had huge games against her

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Frese's crew crushed a mediocre Northwestern team 68-65. Looks more like the B0G 10 this year. Neither of these teams look like NCAA Quarterfinal teams this year.
But they will still get 6 to 8 teams in the Tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom