Tortola BVI | The Boneyard

Tortola BVI

Reaction Score
Never been but going March 24 - April 2 for work. Not exactly sure where on island I'm staying but know it's a private residence on the ocean.

If anyone has been have any recommendations for restaurants or nightlife. Although it's a work trip we will have plenty of free time. Already doing a fishing trip one of the days

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's a small island that take's a long time to travel across so your options will be informed by where you are based. That said, the island isn't well developed but I find it to be very friendly and quite safe so don't be afraid to venture out. Take note that taxi vans will routinely pick up additional passengers en route. Hitchhicking is more common among locals that Americans would be accustomed to.

Roadtown is the main town. There are smaller developments on the West End and East end of the island as well but the island is a sailing island so most of the action is around the various marinas. Ferries and charters to the rest of the BVI are common and you should take advantage of it if you have time.

Cane Garden is the tourist beach and Scrub Island is the newest luxury spot.

As there isn't much on the island, just go wherever there are people. If you find yourself on the north shore during a full moon, go to Bomba's Surfside Shack. That will be the place to be at that time and place.

If you are on the east/south side, the charters to Virgin Gorda, Norman Island are the popular trips. On the west side, it's Jost Van Dyke (google Soggy Dollar Bar).

One last thing, cruise ships now stop here so check their schedule and plan around them, you'll have a better time and avoid crowds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom