Toronto group files paperwork to bring WNBA franchise to Toronto | The Boneyard

Toronto group files paperwork to bring WNBA franchise to Toronto

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rut Roh. The Liberty seems like a prime candidate since Dolan has been trying to dump them.

Not sure how Tina, Bria, and Kia S.would feel about that, though I suspect Nurse might not mind.

Reaction Score
Toronto is one step closer to officially becoming a basketball city.

The WNBATO Bid Leadership Committee, a group representing a bid to bring a WNBA team to Toronto will submit paperwork by the end of the summer to the league which would allow for a franchise to be implemented in time for the 2020 season.

Very cool!

Reaction Score
Rut Roh. The Liberty seems like a prime candidate since Dolan has been trying to dump them.

Not sure how Tina, Bria, and Kia S.would feel about that, though I suspect Nurse might not mind.

Liberty were sold earlier this year so looks like they stay in NYC and maybe head over to Brooklyn/Nets.

Reaction Score

Hard to imagine any major league without a New York franchise.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Terrific idea IMHO. Toronto would be a great place for a franchise. If the city and country's reaction to the Raptors winning the NBA title is any indication, there would be a lot of fan support (hopefully). I do think 2020 is unrealistic - more like 2022. With 12 teams in the league, one would need to move, or they'd need to go to 14. We will see tho. things can change fast!

Reaction Score

Can’t imagine why anyone would not like Toronto. It’s a great city.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom