Tori McCoy Interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McGraw recently said it's going to be difficult to work 9 players into her rotation this season. UConn right now has 12 for both '15 and '16. If they add McCoy and Ionescu you're looking at 14 players on the 2016 squad. Nobody wants to broach it here but the subject of PT is going to be a major issue in coming years.

Nice problem to have! Its better then the alternative of not having enough quality players on the team.

Reaction Score
Tori McCoy is out for the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in her left knee last weekend...

One can only guess as to how this may or may not impact her recruitment.

OY!

Reaction Score
Dec 9th update: McCoy tears ACL

Tori McCoy is out for the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in her left knee last weekend.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...ketball/2014-12-08/stms-mccoy-out-season.html

A terrible turn of events for McCoy. I hope she fully recovers. I don't think this should diminish UConn's efforts to recruit her. If she's out for a year, that would still mean that she would be able to play for almost her entire high school senior season.

Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dec 9th update: McCoy tears ACL

Tori McCoy is out for the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in her left knee last weekend.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...ketball/2014-12-08/stms-mccoy-out-season.html

Bad news. But that has never deterred UCONN from recruiting a player. We have had Williams, Tuck and MJohnson just recently who had knee problems in HS and were still recruited by UCONN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Currently Baylor has I believe 17 roster players for next year with the recent commitments - including 2 of the highest ranked post players - obviously something will give and they will have 15. Not a long time ago the same situation happened at UNC.
While Geno generally keeps his roster in the 10-12 range, recruiting is not an exact science and recruits choose schools for all sorts of reasons besides playing time. Some people seem to think that every high school player expects to play starter minutes for four years in college. The reality is that few end up doing so, and the ones that want those kinds of minutes their freshman year and make their decision based on that tend to end up on mediocre at best college teams with perhaps not the best coaching staffs and little chance of winning conference or national championships.
Moriah Jefferson came to Uconn as a very highly ranked guard - to a roster with limited numbers - and still contributed limited minutes (17) her freshman year and started a total of 2 games. She was not that effective and yet I think she is probably very happy with her choice.

Reaction Score
UCONN is almost always vertically challenged. We won 2 NC's in Maya's sophomore and junior years. Our post players were Kerns, McLaren, Charles and Buck. And realistically Buck and Kerns never played. That means we had 6'3", 6'2" and 6'1" for 2 post positions.

If we have 6'5" Butler and 6'4" McCoy not to mention 6'2" Boykin, 6'2" Irwin, 6'3" Samuelson and 6'0" Williams, we will be bigger and stronger in the post than in a very long time. In fact, you'd have to go back to the days of Williams, Cash, Jones, Hansmeyer, Schumacher and Sauer in 2002 to find a bigger team...
You forgot Collier at 6'1

Reaction Score
Say what?
This year we have 3 players over 6-0 (Stokes, Stewart and Tuck), with our tallest at 6-4. In 2 years we will have 6 players over 6-0 (Tuck, Butler, Samuelson, Collier, Boykin, Irwin), with our tallest player at 6-5. Height wise we are going to be much better off than we are now. And we could still pick up one of McCoy 6-4, Cox 6-4, Brown 6-1, or Ayieotan 6-9. At least we are still in the running.
See #20. The game and the competition changes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
See #20. The game and the competition changes.
Still gonna be much better off in 2 years than we are now, height wise.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tough break for a nice kid. I hope she heals fully and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom