Top UConn Grades vs. Temple | The Boneyard

Top UConn Grades vs. Temple

Reaction Score
Jr. Joseph had another strong game. He even broke up a few pass plays which has never been his strong suit. Tyler Davis actually made a couple of blocks out there. He is slowly getting better at that tight end H Back position that he is playing even though he is list as a wide receiver on the roster. Saw lot more of Beavers and Hahn in this game. It appears that the coaching staff is playing them more to improve our pass rush.

Reaction Score
Carrazola was awesome in the forth quarter. Good game all around but when we need to come up big he came up yuge.

Davis also whiffed on a couple of blocks. But he is definitely headed in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Sheriffs had another good game. Nice run. TD passes. And I cant recall the exact play but he laid a killer block on a temple LB to spring our RB for a nice gain.

Reaction Score
While I'm a data guy, if the metrics don't box with the eye test, I get suspicious. He had a number of bad throws.

Ok, fine. Moving on to this week now.

I get it...
... next closest stat wise last week was Ferguson - 2 more TDs but Marchi had 100 more yds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get it...
... next closest stat wise last week was Ferguson - 2 more TDs but Marchi had 100 more yds.

I thought these guys awarded grades on breaking down film?

Reaction Score

That’s what they say... maybe he was blind in one eye after watching the game (or were drinking heavily the night he/they graded this one). Usually grades meet eye test - not so much w/ Marchi. Guess all the drops don’t count against him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That’s what they say... maybe he was blind in one eye after watching the game (or were drinking heavily the night he/they graded this one). Usually grades meet eye test - not so much w/ Marchi. Guess all the drops don’t count against him.

Nor should they.

Reaction Score

Grades yes. Not conference level player of the week honors. You're lucky if the folks who award those look at the box scores.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Grades yes. Not conference level player of the week honors. You're lucky if the folks who award those look at the box scores.

I assumed that the conference player of the week was just the person with the highest grade?

I actually didn’t see much AAC action last week so he could have been better than everyone else. I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I assumed that the conference player of the week was just the person with the highest grade?

I actually didn’t see much AAC action last week so he could have been better than everyone else.

I would also assume it's the highest grades of the lot:

PFF AAC "QBs of the Week "Grades YTD
Wk1: Milton 87.3
Wk2: Marchi 80.8
Wk3: Flowers 83.0
Wk4: Sirk 85.2
Wk5: Hicks 82.1
Wk6: Milton 83.9
Wk7: Marchi 82.7

Not sure what actual metrics the grading sheets used by PFF entails (objective/subjective).

Latest sortable conference stats for QBs.

Reaction Score
If he was the highest grade with the plays he missed and an interception for TD it reinforces BL question of whether in that game defense was less sucky or Marchi just didn't play as good as some of the other QB's did. Give the opponent QB the easy screen and sideline pass with deep drops (hurts run defense as well as pass defense) is a formula for excellent opponent offensive performance, still see big problems with this strategy. If we make Tulsa and Missouri look like the Oregon/Baylor offenses of years past, it's on the coach's implementation of his scheme (where is the aggressiveness that was touted pre season).
No secret Tulsa is a running team, if to start the game they whip UConn running until UConn makes adjustments to stop, that will say a lot about DC's abilities.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Imagine being the poor sap that has to sit there and break down AAC game film and grade the likes of Tulane defensive backs? Yikes.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
While I'm a data guy, if the metrics don't box with the eye test, I get suspicious. He had a number of bad throws.

Ok, fine. Moving on to this week now.
That data is not quite as impressive as it looks at first glance. 356 yards but against 54 attempts is just 6.59 ypa. That puts him at 84th in the country(avg). One TD and then his INT was returned for a TD. He has a lot of yards but he was far from efficient - basically in the bottom third of FBS. I'll give you three guesses who is currently #6 in a country at that stat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom