ot: top three tv (cable or network) shows? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ot: top three tv (cable or network) shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arrested Development
Playmakers (ESPN Original Series, only lasted 1 season, but was awesome)
WWE Raw

Reaction Score
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Game of Thrones
Entourage
The League

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we're talking British shows, then top gear has to be mentioned. About as funny as it gets.

Reaction Score
If you haven't seen Arrested Development you need to do yourself a favor and watch it. The best collection of characters I've ever seen in a sitcom and the writing is phenomenal. You need to watch more than the first 2 or 3 episodes though as it becomes much better when you are really familiar with the characters. I think they stream it on Netflix.

Reaction Score
Comedies: and best characters
1. The Honeymooners Ed Norton
2. Seinfeld George
3. Cheers Cliff
4. Curb Larry
5. Taxi Louis
6. Barney Miller Inspector Lugar

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Scrubs is better than a guilty pleasure, it was a show that has great physical humor and yet can punch you in the face in an emotional context like no other comedy could. Occasionally heartbreaking sad, but always silly. I meet some Germans who said they liked it and that scared me though, so much of the humor is racial and homoerotic with Turk and JD and I am not sure how well that translates. Do others get the context the jokes are coming from?
I liked Scrubs early on, but it got a little tired by the 4th season or so. Got into that sitcom zone where the characters become cartoonish imitations of themselves and the "dramatic" scenes started to get a little heavy handed.

Reaction Score
a couple shows i loved, and wish didnt get cancelled:

vanished
flash forward

no idea why, but i was riveted by these 2 shows.

Reaction Score
Current: Mad Men, Big Bang Theory

Guilty Pleasure: the”new” Hawaii Five-0

Syndication: Seinfeld, Sopranos, Three’s Company

Oldie: the original “Mission: Impossible”

Gone before it’s time: “Fastlane” – Ran for one season 2002/03 starring Tiffani Thiessen and Bill Bellamy as LA undercover cops who get to use all the cool stuff they confiscate from the bad guys as part of their cover. Muscle cars galore….plus Thiessen….:p

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
into now: Dexter (only seen 1,2 so far)
Love: Curb and SOA
Fun: Justified
Get on Disk and watch in Marathons: The Sheild and Prison Break

Reaction Score
For all of the Soprano fans...Is Tony dead or what?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i thought that everyone only watches law and order reruns? clearly the best of the best.

my tv watching goes through waves based on if i hit the gym that week or not.
when im feeling jacked i watch gold rush/swamp ppl...

i used to be big on ent/dave c/always sunny/office/eb&d/family guy and so on...

some others i catch on and off
dex/soa/curb/tosh/the old robbig/old jackass/big bang/old 2 half men

Reaction Score
Where's the love for Little House on the Prarie, The Walton's, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
anybody get a kick out of Eastbound & Down? Kenny Powers rules! Feb 19- is the 3rd and final season.
also, True Blood has some amazing Action/effects.

Reaction Score
I have no life so I actually decided to read this entire blog explaining how Tony must be dead, and honestly, it's so in depth and I spent so much time reading it that I feel like it must be true. So yeah, Tony is dead.

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
Hey thanks for that link. I came across that a year or two ago and always wanted to read it over again. That is a great read and after all thats in there i think im also buying into the fact that he is dead.

Reaction Score
I've never been more pissed off than watching the Sopranos ending. Though Lost was close.

Reaction Score
Looking back on it, i wish David Chase made it more obvious. He had to have known the ending would confuse every person watching it. When a series ends it should be closed out. Dont end with a cliff hanger, make sure the audience knows whats happening instead of having to guess like the Soprano finale.

Reaction Score
Some of us, like myself, are just beginning season 2 so it would be nice if you would delete your post or put up a Spoiler warning.

I'm ridiculously pissed off right now. Season 2 was next on my list after wrapping up watching every season of Sons of Anarchy(on season 3 now, can't believe I waited so long to get into this show since I usually like everything FX puts out) and now I get a huge spoiler like that on the boneyard of all places.

Reaction Score
Sry. Its been 5 years since the series finale and the seasons have been airing on A&E for the last 3 yrs. Didnt think it was necessary to hide anything

Reaction Score
Sry. Its been 5 years since the series finale and the seasons have been airing on A&E for the last 3 yrs. Didnt think it was necessary to hide anything

I was referring to the Boardwalk Empire spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69