Top Thirty up-and-coming coaches you should know | The Boneyard

Top Thirty up-and-coming coaches you should know

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We all know how the college basketball business works. Coaches get fired, a new one gets brought in to much fanfare, then hopefully in four years, your school isn’t starting the process over again. There are openings every year, however, and we have compiled a list of who might be “next”.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph, UConn assistant coach- It was alluded to earlier when talking about Niele Ivey, but Ralph is the other name that many are waiting to take over her own program. After 11 years as an assistant in Storrs- plus winning a national championship as a player in 2000- it seems like Ralph has been around as long as Geno, but she is only 40-years-old and has a long time left in front of her. Many around the game agree that she has the temperament and basketball knowledge to be able to be successful elsewhere, but it’s fair to assume she will just stick around. Were she to get the head coaching itch, however, she would have no shortage of suitors.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
#1 This article is at least a year old as Megan Duffy is in year 2 of Marquette. What's up with the BYers today posting old articles or threads?

That said, my short reply to this list of 30 is:
1. No 2. Yes 3. Probably No, 4. No 5. No
6. Yes 7. Um saying you were on Steph White's staff is a good thing? :confused:, 8. YES! 9. Already got one 10. Maybe
11. Maybe 12. Already got one 13. Not convinced any OSU coach is deserving 14. Yes 15. Maybe
16. Only a handful of D2/D3 coaches reach excellance in D1 17. No 18. No 19. No 20. No
21. No 22. Maybe 23. No (Sorry Shea). 24. Maybe 25. YES
26. Maybe (@triaddukefan has more insight on Elon) 27. Already got one and NO 28. Yes 29. NO 30. No.

To me, more coaching stops with proven improvement and success at those stops is paramount. How innovative are they? HC with more than 8 years at one lower level school without signature success or willingness to move on is a red flag. Just because you played at a P5 does not make you qualified as a Top candidate.

Humbly submitted.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
13. Not convinced any OSU coach is deserving
Turns out to be the coach that caused OSU to have a post-season ban, sexual harassment and recruiting issues.

I don't have any idea about Chelsea Newton as a head coach prospect but she is very good as an assistant.

Brook Wycoff is running Florida State during Semrau's sabbatical, so I guess we can get some idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom