Top NFL Combine Performers Since 2006: UConn Shows Well | The Boneyard

Top NFL Combine Performers Since 2006: UConn Shows Well

Reaction Score
Since the NFL Combine has started, I looked at top performers by position since 2006 and UConn has put up some impressive performances. Here are the UConn players that are ranked in the top 15 for their position by workout:

(For example, Tyvon Branch posted the 4th best 40 yard dash for CBs since 2006.)

40 Yard Dash:
CB: #4 Tyvon Branch, S: #5 Obi Melanfonwu

Bench Press:
RB: #2 Anthony Sherman, WR: #6 Geremy Davis

Vertical Jump:
RB: #3 Donald Brown, #14 Andre Dixon, WR: #2 Kashif Moore, S: #1 Obi Melanfonwu, CB: #2 Byron Jones, #4 Darius Butler, OL: #11 William Beatty

Broad Jump:
S: #1 Obi Melanfonwu, CB: #1 Byron Jones, #5 Darius Butler

20 Yard Shuttle:
CB: #11 Byron Jones

60 Yard Shuttle:
RB: #9 Jordan Todman, #13 Donald Brown, LB: #7 Scott Lutrus, CB: #5 Byron Jones

There are 12 UConn football players represented as top performers at their position and most of these players were overlooked during the recruiting process. In my opinion, Edsall has been able to identify good athletes and develop them into good football players and this analysis should give all of us hope that UConn football will be back!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't think these numbers will surprise many of the BY-regulars, but we do need this in front of the national media a little more... this is a spectacular fact that should be on the minds of prospective recruits. Wanna come work hard & impress at the NFL combine? Go to UConn! We've even got an alum as an NFL GM.

I think these are great selling-points. It will still be on the players/staff to earn the on-field results we want, but hopefully this can help increase the incoming talent level .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom