Top JUCO Signs with South Carolina | The Boneyard

Top JUCO Signs with South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
JUCO - Link

The Lady Vols were interested in Wilka because of her 6'5" height.

Reaction Score
Good pickup for SC. They finally have a Center, and a pretty good one at that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good pickup for SC. i wonder if she'll have a Danielle Adams type of impact, or Rash Sadiq. or more likely something in between...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great pick up for Staley. Could have an immediate impact in the post on a team that lacks post presence!

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
We were very interested in Wilka.

Several posters, myself included, saw her play a couple games and came away with mixed reviews. She needs to get much stronger to be able to contribute in the SEC. Given the right coaching and strength and conditioning, she could be a valuable contributor.

FYI, apparently, word was she wanted a major that was not offered at Tennessee. That was said to be the determinign factor in eliminating us from consideration. I applaud her for knowing what she wants academically and letting that guide her decision.

Wishing her the best. SC could be dangerous with her on the floor.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Several posters, myself included, saw her play a couple games and came away with mixed reviews. She needs to get much stronger to be able to contribute in the SEC. Given the right coaching and strength and conditioning, she could be a valuable contributor.
This is the major reason Geno stopped going after JUCOs. He said something to the effect that most players need a couple years to unlearn bad habits and that by the time he got the player to the point where he needed her to be, she graduated.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This is the major reason Geno stopped going after JUCOs. He said something to the effect that most players need a couple years to unlearn bad habits and that by the time he got the player to the point where he needed her to be, she graduated.
It's very rare that a JUCO can contribute right away, if at all. Bobbitt was a god-send for Tennessee and was Div I ready right away. That was an exception. She was also not post player, who need more time to develope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom