TOP DOGS Q-and-A | The Boneyard

TOP DOGS Q-and-A

Reaction Score
Getting ready to record a season preview episode to drop on Monday morning, and I want to have a Q-and-A portion. I asked on Twitter earlier, but I'll ask here as well: Any questions you have, fire away. I'll answer anything that doesn't get me cancelled, fired, banned or divorced lol

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
When will you have the #1- Eleven year old sports podcaster on your show? He’s interviewed Fanta, Calhoun, Karaban, Chris Smith, Freeman, Facey. You might be next!

Inspire the next generation of fans!

Bio- below

https://www.washingtonpost.com/kidspost/2022/03/10/father-and-son-sports-podcast/

IMG_2646.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg

Reaction Score
Will we see a lineup of Donavon, Samson and Alex at some point?

Reaction Score
Hurley has tweaked the offensive scheme every year based on personnel (e.g. more post-ups and offense designed to get him deep or easy catches after Sanogo's freshman year, more off ball screening action after Hawkins freshman year).

How will he tweak it this year? Or will he try to keep it close to what we had last year since we had a top 5 offense?

Reaction Score
Points I haven't seen addressed by commentators:
Donovan only shot 51% at the line last year. He's going to be fouled a ton. Does he have any measured improvement or a bonafide goal to hit a minimum percentage? What should our expectations be. Is foul shooting still a weakness of Singare that will keep him glued to the bench even in a pinch? Does UConn have adequate rebounding against elite teams with Clingan not on the court?

Reaction Score
Do you think UConn will keep gunning for top 5 star recruits, or stick with the high 4 star range that helped us win a title?

I know the answer is both, but there are a million opinions on how the Cooper/Ngongba sagas changed peoples view on recruiting

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
As posed on twitter, what does the change to the block / charge rule mean for Hurley's defensive aggression? Will it lead to more dribble penetration in college basketball as a whole? How do we benefit with a world class rim protector? How does it change the risk of foul trouble for bigs? Who stands to gain the most offensively (Solo, Castle, Newton)?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Getting ready to record a season preview episode to drop on Monday morning, and I want to have a Q-and-A portion. I asked on Twitter earlier, but I'll ask here as well: Any questions you have, fire away. I'll answer anything that doesn't get me cancelled, fired, banned or divorced lol

'If you ever interview Calhoun ask him about Ryan Gomes.

Reaction Score
The biggest compositional change in our roster appears to be the loss of Andre Jackson and the addition of Stephon Castle.

How do their games compare? Does Castle imbue this team with even more upside on offense than last year, at least in the starting lineup? How does he stack up defensively?

Reaction Score
With the highly touted recruiting class, which freshmen, besides Castle, do you expect to get significant minutes and significant contributors?

Reaction Score
Points I haven't seen addressed by commentators:
Donovan only shot 51% at the line last year. He's going to be fouled a ton. Does he have any measured improvement or a bonafide goal to hit a minimum percentage? What should our expectations be. Is foul shooting still a weakness of Singare that will keep him glued to the bench even in a pinch? Does UConn have adequate rebounding against elite teams with Clingan not on the court?
Often it was Donovan’s first free throw that he would miss, usually it was strong and clanked off the back of the rim. Maybe he can learn how to relax better before shooting them.

Reaction Score
I’m really interested in Singare..hearing from players and coaches that he is the most popular guy on the team.. the video I’ve watched he looks like he is going good.. very long and athletic.. if one of our centers get hurt, will he be ready to help the team?. will he play this year if our centers stay healthy?.. he was a 4 star recruit

Reaction Score
I would love the curtain pulled back on our early off-season last year. One of your crew was trying to push Clingan potentially transferring and/or Sanogo transferring to Memphis. So my question is, where do I find these drugs?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom