Top Dogs Podcast: The Creighton loss and a listener mailing | The Boneyard

Top Dogs Podcast: The Creighton loss and a listener mailing

Reaction Score
It's a good listen. Rob obviously watches the games, and cares about UConn.

I don't necessarily agree with everything, and i think he has a couple blind spots, but i appreciate the show.

The Tom Moore show was fascinating...imo.

Reaction Score
It’s wild to read the Hurley thread on here after the game about how horrible Hurley is and then listen to dauster gives reasonable and rationale takes on the state of Hurley and the program. Maybe the sky isn’t falling and maybe Hurley isn’t as incompetent as so many people here seem for think

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It’s wild to read the Hurley thread on here after the game about how horrible Hurley is and then listen to dauster gives reasonable and rationale takes on the state of Hurley and the program. Maybe the sky isn’t falling and maybe Hurley isn’t as incompetent as so many people here seem for think
pops like to say, privately, when sumone, typically on the tube, tries to jibberjabber the obvious away, 'is it a floor wax or a dessert topping?'
(an old saturday night live bit that his pal wrote).
'maybe Hurley isn’t as incompetent as so many people here seem for think'
league results.
20/21 11-6 third
21/22 13-6 third
22/23 8-7, more to play, chance for third long gone.

22/23, 4 players on all everything lists, the fifth not so noted yet only tying/setting some record for triple doubles. the sixth? absolutely someone special. bill walton said so.
8-7.
no 'thinking' necessary.
and, as to opinion, his choices to replace last year's exodus gang have proven, thus far, to be 'wait, whut?' definitely floor wax on those.
incompetent, with the window rapidly closing for his record to end up 'not incompetent.'

it's been years long enough to judge his 'brilliance' on those leaving.
even ol 'steady as she goes' badams, is turning out to be 'tear the roof offa dis sucka' capable.
why does almost every transfer turn out to be 'highly competent?'
also, no thinking necessary, as their personal records since attest to that.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey, 'not a clue!' i see that ur getting a good workout, chasing me all over with ur stinky red thumb down thing! good on you as February is 'heart health month' and everrone could use a bit more cardio.
member back when u were moving at the speed of light to hang the thumb on me for the jmoney stuff?

how'd that work out? i'll help u out - 23-2, ranked 25.
pro tip- save the pennies, and the dollars will follow. then, u won't have to go round telling everrone that u don't have a dime.
signed, 'lots of dimes, quarters too!' why, just this am i saved aboot 700 smackers on a loader tire! (1600 to 900, free shipping too!)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i don't know this dauster person, so nuthin aboot him, cuz don't care. not a podcast type of sort. never was. pay to listen to more folks yak their brains out? as if.
on the udder hand, i'll bet cash moneh that he does know that 'podcast ad revenue' is absolutely cratering.
everyone knows that.

Reaction Score
i don't know this dauster person, so nuthin aboot him, cuz don't care. not a podcast type of sort. never was. pay to listen to more folks yak their brains out? as if.
on the udder hand, i'll bet cash moneh that he does know that 'podcast ad revenue' is absolutely cratering.
everyone knows that.
3 posts in im not sure what point your trying to make, but podcasts are free to listen to…..hope that helps

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
3 posts in im not sure what point your trying to make, but podcasts are free to listen to…..hope that helps
podcast ad revenue is, and rapidly increases, heading south.
im interested in business, and i ain't getting involved in another barfcoin conversation.
as to 'incompetence,' im not seeing from u any factual proof that the 'data' mentioned previous is incorrect.

Reaction Score
im interested in business, and i ain't getting involved in another barfcoin conversation.
as to 'incompetence,' im not seeing from u any factual proof that the 'data' mentioned previous is incorrect.

If you are interested in people debating the points you make maybe you should drop the schtick, it’s hard to decypher what you actually mean. I only responded to the part I understood where you said you aren’t paying to listen to people yak their brains out, was letting you know you didn’t have to pay

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Ummm false. Is ad revenue GROWTH for the industry decreasing? Yes. But the decrease was from 55% growth in 2021 (unsustainable) to 27% growth in 2022 (still, unsustainable).

Plus, Top Dogs is part of the larger Field of 68 media company (which produces tons of shows about CBB and has great contributors like John Fanata).

I’m not privy to their financials but based on their social media following, video views and targeted ad partners (Bet Rivers) I can almost guarantee they are raking in tons of money from their shows.

Not to mention the value of their own personal brands they are growing.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Ummm false. Is ad revenue GROWTH for the industry decreasing? Yes. But the decrease was from 55% growth in 2021 (unsustainable) to 27% growth in 2022 (still, unsustainable).

Plus, Top Dogs is part of the larger Field of 68 media company (which produces tons of shows about CBB and has great contributors like John Fanata).

I’m not privy to their financials but based on their social media following, video views and targeted ad partners (Bet Rivers) I can almost guarantee they are raking in tons of money from their shows.

Not to mention the value of their own personal brands they are growing.
and u bring fanta? fanta?
the guy whose twits are often posted here with 100 or so reactions?
wait, whut?
sneezing cat videos on the 'never heard of' social media sites get like a bazillion more action than that guy. hard to make a living off that.
good thing he has a day job that actually pays a pocket full of posies, cuz that other thing ain't generating jack.
currently, the 'industry' is around $1.5 b, an amount that is a rounding error for many single corporations. and some people, too. elon gave away more than that last year in charity. like, fish around in the seat cushions for change rounding error small on that $1.5 billion.
comedy (logically) is the leading popular topic. duh.
and, as far as the original 'controversy' here on the subject, podcast ads,

81% of podcast listeners say they pay attention to podcast ads

Advertising within podcasts has proven to be a great strategy for marketers. According to statistics published by midroll, over 80% of podcast listeners say that they pay attention to the ads they hear in podcasts.
In comparison, 63% of those surveyed say that they always or sometimes ignore TV commercials. This shows that listeners find podcast ads more engaging than other common forms of advertising.

that's nice. still a rounding error. here, have sum perspective on what a billion and a half means in the real world.
sum politician lost they minds yesterday, in regard to a couple of super bowl ads talking church. in response, the sponsoring entity, hobby lobby, reminded all that they just starting, and are committed to spending at least two billion dollars on this in the near future.

a billion bucks ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
apparently, there are around 2 million podcasters with around 50 million podcasts so far.
$1.5 billion in total revenue.
do the math.

as always, math is our friend.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and now, for another possible Boneyard World Exclusive, and all based on eyetest with absolutely zero evidence thus far, it seems that, other than the main thing a social media site is labeled as, general interest discussions on other topics are also declining. short attention spans an all that, or mebbe folks just aren't as broad in their interests as they once were. idk why, but it sure seems like that to these eyes.

on the udder hand, the over/under on how much time it takes for aunt esther to leave her seat at the game, and make the round tripper to the restroom, is a growing industry. datacrack for datadorks methinks. i heard from a reliable source that her lumbago is acting up, so im taking the over, but i also heard from a reliable source that she is growing in her fondness for beer, so i should take the under. idk, anybody got an expert that they can rec?

Reaction Score
hey, 'not a clue!' i see that ur getting a good workout, chasing me all over with ur stinky red thumb down thing! good on you as February is 'heart health month' and everrone could use a bit more cardio.
member back when u were moving at the speed of light to hang the thumb on me for the jmoney stuff?

how'd that work out? i'll help u out - 23-2, ranked 25.
pro tip- save the pennies, and the dollars will follow. then, u won't have to go round telling everrone that u don't have a dime.
signed, 'lots of dimes, quarters too!' why, just this am i saved aboot 700 smackers on a loader tire! (1600 to 900, free shipping too!)
You were right spliffy!!Jmoney is just tearing Conference USA up with these stats!!!

1676575455326.png

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Very good podcast. I could have done without the unexpected F bombs, especially when my 10 year old daughter is within earshot, but good analysis.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Cliff might want to put the spliff down. You are rambling a bit….it started off funny….but nobody ain’t doing anything for nothing. Personally not a big podcast fan. Do agree the yak is nit worth the time and you know what the line is about opinions everyone has ‘‘em and just like a…..holes they all stink.

Reaction Score
Rob likes to hear himself talk, so a podcast suits him really well. I do enjoy his analysis, but he tends to glance over or not really dig into some of the deeper problems of the team/Hurley. For example, his cure for the Andre Jackson dilemma is literally for Andre Jackson to start playing like "Andre ******** Jackson". He doesnt take into account the three years of inability to develop an offensive skill set. That seems like a big issue to me.

Reaction Score
Rob likes to hear himself talk, so a podcast suits him really well. I do enjoy his analysis, but he tends to glance over or not really dig into some of the deeper problems of the team/Hurley. For example, his cure for the Andre Jackson dilemma is literally for Andre Jackson to start playing like "Andre ******** Jackson". He doesnt take into account the three years of inability to develop an offensive skill set. That seems like a big issue to me.
I think he has to be careful. If he’s too critical he probably won’t get much access.

Reaction Score
His pod is pretty good but he's a bit of a cheerleader. He's been talking about Jackson cramming on dudes heads for the past 6 months. It's been three seasons and Jackson doesn't cram on people's heads, Rob needs to let it go.

Reaction Score
pat mahomes had the least yards for his entire season on sunday.
182, cuz
Winning-isnt-everything-its-the__quotes-by-Vince-Lombardi-20.png

he got the mvp, too.
Gaffney's team got rolled tonight by mighty MTSU but everyone instantly thinks of Patrick Mahomes when they think of Jalen Gaffney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom