Top 3 new things (edit: please do not use all caps) | The Boneyard

Top 3 new things (edit: please do not use all caps)

Reaction Score
1. Ono finishing around the rim through contact
2. AE continuing her progression with a move or two to the basket
3. EW becoming more assertive on offense--jumpers and/or taking the ball to the rim.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
1. Ono recognizing/feeling where her defender(s) is/are before she makes her first step.
2. Ono turning over her left shoulder for her jump/short hook shot.
3. Ono gathering herself to get full power from her legs up and in to the hoop. (A la Aaliyah)
4. Nika learning from Paige when to slow down instead of rushing 100% of the time. Note Paige's pace never seems rushed, and minor changes of pace are very difficult for defenders.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1. Ono recognizing/feeling where her defender(s) is/are before she makes her first step.
3. Ono gathering herself to get full power from her legs up and in to the hoop. (A la Aaliyah)
4. Nika learning from Paige when to slow down instead of rushing 100% of the time. Note Paige's pace never seems rushed, and minor changes of pace are very difficult for defenders.

Foul. 4 things. :mad::mad: I could have had 4 things. :(

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Ditto @jazz
1. Ono finishing around the rim through contact
2. AE continuing her progression with a move or two to the basket
3. EW becoming more assertive on offense--jumpers and/or taking the ball to the rim.

Reaction Score
1). More ball movement-Swing the Ball more.
2). Seeing Nika and her continued growth. I forgot that she is coming off a foot injury.
3). Team Defensive Intensity.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really do want to see Nika score. While it’s only game 3, Nika has unfortunately earned Anna’s description from last season. She is 0 for America. :(
I guess there really is a different calendar overseas

Reaction Score
1. ONO finishes at the rim more consistently
2. CW finds her mid-range shot
3. Nika becomes more integrated into the offense and stops fouling so much.

Reaction Score
Somebody knows an awful lot about playing the post.

Reaction Score
A lot of good things already mentioned.

For me,

Improvement in team defense.
More consistency
Taking open shots

Reaction Score
1. Grandma figure out the internet
2. she successfully download and log into the app
3. karen too

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I think the team is a victim of too much practice and not enough games. In drills you are making "programmed" passes and cuts over and over and over again. In games there needs to be a more fluid response to what the opponent is doing. Turnovers and missed opportunities for open shots has been the result. This is going to get better as we play more games.

The only players that don't seem effected are Paige, Aaliyah, Mir and Nika. Geno might say that's because they couldn't describe a UConn play or set to save their lives.

1) Anna - "TAKE THE SHOT!"... Anna gets open a lot during her mid-range cuts. In drills you make the next pass out to the three (a shot we aren't great at). She needs to just pull up and take the 2 when it's there.

2) Evina - Through the early games in her career restart, E looks less quick than I remember. I'd like to see, and (barring further injury) expect to see, some progress there. My dream is for her to be really cool, confident, solid and impactful on January 21st.

3) Christyn - Take advantage of what she does best - slashing drives to the hoop for the "and one" and using her strength inside for put-backs. Goal... lead the team in FT attempts.

Reaction Score
1. Edwards hitting an elbow shot and getting an assist
2. Anna looking for her shot especially some 2s if she is going to play a quasi 4 role at times.
3. Identifying the opponent's best player and shutting them down and forcing Creighton to do plan b,c, etc

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
1). More ball movement-Swing the Ball more.
2). Seeing Nika and her continued growth. I forgot that she is coming off a foot injury.
3). Team Defensive Intensity.
Um, JellyBean, you do realize this team already has 48 assists and probably should have 5 or 6 more if the team could catch or finish. I don’t think ball movement is an issue, it’s the turnovers that need to get lowered.
As I noted before the season, this team has phenomenal passing but has been suspect at outside shooting so to me knocking down the 3 is paramount.

Reaction Score
1. More of Aubrey. Can they run something for her to see if she has more offensive skills than she is showing? Old Dude watched her play in HS at Ossining and I watched some of those films and I think she does. I have noticed her passing much better than last year she is getting on that program but a pull up jumper with follow thru like Paige would be nice. Love to see her pressure point guards from the other team as well.
2. We need for the other guards to score more or Paige will just start to all herself. Comon Anna and Evina. 3. More Mir and Aaliyah. I really think we would be a great zone press team with Mir and Aubrey and Paige's anticipation from the foul line. She played that role for Hopkins very well. Liv and Aaliyah for high low action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom