Top 3 Basketball Things You Are Going To Do Between Now And Selection Sunday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Basketball Things You Are Going To Do Between Now And Selection Sunday

Reaction Score
To watch us play last night against Villanova the way we knew we would when we had everyone back was pure joy. That blitz in the 3rd quarter was quintessential UCONN women's basketball. Here are my top 3 basketball things to occupy me until Sunday:

1) Watch some of the women's Big 12 tourney, maybe the AAC, and the men's Big East and other post season tourneys;

2) Follow all the news, opinions, posts and threads on the Boneyard;

3) Neither watch nor listen to Charlie Creme;

I'm not going to watch replays of prior games (I already watched the Nova game again this morning) because we are a brand new team now and I can't wait to see us with 9-10 days of rest.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Watch the men in the tourney.

More Check-Call-Compress classes to teach.

More bike rides.

More practice time on the horn.

A couple of social get-togethers.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
1.Watch the BE Mens Tournament
2.Get rest and reflect (me time)
3. Get my equilibrium back - this season...whew. I can relax for a minute.

Reactions: mmt

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
1. Work
2. Watch the UConn men play in the BET at MSG (when I can)
3. Ignore everything Charlie Creme has to say. Mercifully, the brackets are in the hands of the Committee and we'll see what they have to say Sunday night.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
1. Try to ignore threads like this one
2. Try to ignore threads about anything dealing with next season
3. Enjoy numerous @MJL243 replays. :);):rolleyes:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
-Watch the Men's Tournaments

-Read the Boneyard

-Make sure the basketball in the trunk of my car is inflated

Reaction Score
1). Watch the whole (2022-23) UConn WBB season up until the BE Championship game. Thanks, @MJL243 for posting those games.

2). Read/Listen to the spin on why such and such team should be this or that seed.

3). Re-read "Geno:The Pursuit of Perfection".

Reaction Score
Sorry: no basketball stuff until the games resume. I am going to recommend that you do some or all of the things I'm doing: enjoying the beautiful spring weather (at least here in the mid-Atlantic), reading my endless books, watching pickleball games on YouTube. Read Mick Herron's "Slough House" series: beyond wonderful characters and constant laughs. Brilliant stuff. As for pickleball, I find the games when played by the best professional players to be very exciting, sort of a cross between tennis and ping-pong. Watch especially Anna Leigh Waters (best woman and all of 16) and her doubles partner Ben Johns (best player in the world).
Most of all savor the pleasures of the BE tourney and wish Aubrey the best.

Reaction Score
1. Sacrifice a whole hog at the bbq-altar of @MJL243 ... or maybe a really huge fish

2. Argue endlessly about seedings and prognostications all night long on the BY

3. Drive around muttering under my breath

Actually, I'll probably do none of those things. Our daughter moved to DC last year and it's spring beak time at my college starting Friday, so we were hoping to fly out for a visit. I could maybe do some of #2, I suppose.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Watch some of the ACC Men's tournament and mid major Men's championship games.

Watch the mid-major Women's tournaments, and watch some games on replay from last week.

Torment and annoy some Chapel Hill fans until my heart is content or until they break down in tears.

Reaction Score
1. Watch what's left of the WBB tournaments.
2. Watch the MBB tournaments and hope UConn wins double in the Big East. :)
3. Stress.

Honorable mention: take (and hopefully pass) my PE exam on Friday!

Stressed Over It GIF by HULU

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not planning on much basketball-wise.

1) beer -- all my bottles are full, so it's drinking rather than brewing. Bad timing; this would be a good weekend to brew.
2) there were SEVEN deer in my back yard this evening. In the burbs. I got some good photos.
3) corn some beef for St Paddy's day (takes all of 2 minutes of effort, so shouldn't be a whole step)
3a) vegetarian menu for friends this weekend. Definitely squash and peanut soup. Quiche and homemade bread if we can get the oven fixed.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
1. Watch what's left of the WBB tournaments.
2. Watch the MBB tournaments and hope UConn wins double in the Big East. :)
3. Stress.

Honorable mention: take (and hopefully pass) my PE exam on Friday!

Stressed Over It GIF by HULU
Good luck on the PE (Professional Engineers Exam). I'll admit I had to take it twice. Shamed my family to no ends. I crushed the EIT so I went into the PE exam way too cocky the first time. I hope this doesn't happen to the Huskies in the big dance after crushing it in the BET.:)

Reaction Score
Good luck on the PE (Professional Engineers Exam). I'll admit I had to take it twice. Shamed my family to no ends. I crushed the EIT so I went into the PE exam way too cocky the first time. I hope this doesn't happen to the Huskies in the big dance after crushing it in the BET.:)
Oh I’m actually taking it for the second time. :oops: My job is pretty demanding so I admit I didn’t study as hard the first time around. This time though I tried to ground out a few hours every day now for the last 4 months. Hopefully it’s enough.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh I’m actually taking it for the second time. :oops: My job is pretty demanding so I admit I didn’t study as hard the first time around. This time though I tried to ground out a few hours every day now for the last 4 months. Hopefully it’s enough.
I should have picked up on what the PE meant. :oops: I speak for myself, and I suspect Brewski, too: you should have a few beers this weekend. I'll hoist one in your honor and send good vibes your way on Friday.

Reaction Score
-Root for Coach Hurley and the men

-Follow the Big 12 WBB tournament

-Watch the top 3 teams in NCAA MVB (Hawaii, UCLA, Penn St) battle against each other in Honolulu

Reaction Score
I will watch the Men’s BE tournament. I’ll also watch the Ivy League. I am a Penn alum, and they are in both the men’s and women’s this year.

Reaction Score
#1. wash my Bueckers #5 uniform ( my sister has Nika #10)

#2 Play basketball on Saturday at the gym and play like a Husky.

#3 watch a repeat of the game.

Not exactly in that order.

Reaction Score
I should have picked up on what the PE meant. :oops: I speak for myself, and I suspect Brewski, too: you should have a few beers this weekend. I'll hoist one in your honor and send good vibes your way on Friday.
Thank you! A friend is treating me to a fancy dinner on Sunday so I will certainly imbibe then, as well as while watching the UConn men play.

Reaction Score
1). Watch the whole (2022-23) UConn WBB season up until the BE Championship game. Thanks, @MJL243 for posting those games.

2). Read/Listen to the spin on why such and such team should be this or that seed.

3). Re-read "Geno:The Pursuit of Perfection".
After you rewatch all the games and now know where we are now, you should post a thread on it. It would be interesting to get that perspective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom