Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn loses at PC.
Miami loses at GT by 6.
Auburn loses at UGA by 12.
dook loses at NC State by 24.
Baylor loses at home to TCU by 1.

Nationally this loss doesn't make much of a blip other than 2 in a row. Every team going in to selection Sunday will have 4-5 losses.

All that being said, Hurley needs to figure out the PG position and figure out how to reduce offense running through Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Bet Purdue loses another too. The top 5 has been crazy. Ask Virginia. Texas. Etc.

Reaction Score
We have too many players who’s entire offense is the 3 ball. Newton can’t get into the lane, Hawkins and Jackson can somewhat but are scared to go all the way. Karaban is purely a spot up shooter. We just don’t have the pieces to run a high level offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We have too many players who’s entire offense is the 3 ball. Newton can’t get into the lane, Hawkins and Jackson can somewhat but are scared to go all the way. Karaban is purely a spot up shooter. We just don’t have the pieces to run a high level offense.

Newton gets the ball in the lane and then gets confused whether he is supposed to score or distribute. Wish he would just attack the rim when he gets in the lane.

Reaction Score
Newton gets the ball in the lane and then gets confused whether he is supposed to score or distribute. Wish he would just attack the rim when he gets in the lane.
He’s just SO slow. But slow guards have been successful, he just needs to make the right decision. He’s a big guard, he needs to use his body and size to create contact or space. He just doesn’t.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Purdue will go 0-3 this week. Keep the receipt.
So what? We are odds on better to go 0-3 in 7 days. We can beat Creighton. And thank god it’s at Gampel but with Kalkbrenner back I think they are as good as Xavier and better than the providence team who just made us look silly. We can lose that easily.

But I think we’ve got unique pieces where we win a lot this year. I can’t even say hurley is managing it wrong. This is on the players. Time to step up and live up to your woofing or don’t.

Reaction Score
UConn loses at PC.
Miami loses at GT by 6.
Auburn loses at UGA by 12.
dook loses at NC State by 24.
Baylor loses at home to TCU by 1.

Nationally this loss doesn't make much of a blip other than 2 in a row. Every team going in to selection Sunday will have 4-5 losses.

All that being said, Hurley needs to figure out the PG position and figure out how to reduce offense running through Sanogo.
I don't agree with the part about running the offense through Sanogo. When he eats, we win. I don't remember a lot of feeding the post tonight. I remember a lot of disjointed offense and hurried three pointers. People keep wanting to blame Sanogo and calling for Clingan to play more when neither of them are the problem most of the time.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with the part about running the offense through Sanogo. When he eats, we win. I don't remember a lot of feeding the post tonight. I remember a lot of disjointed offense and hurried three pointers. People keep wanting to blame Sanogo and calling for Clingan to play more when neither of them are the problem most of the time.
No, it’s IF he eats we win, not when.

Reaction Score
Agreed

Reaction Score
If you don’t think Sanogo was a big part of the problem tonight I don’t know what game you watched. He was outplayed by Croswell. Cromwell!!
Sanogo’s defense and rebounding has been bad lately.

Reaction Score
No, it’s IF he eats we win, not when.
If he plays well we win. Unfortunately there are too many games recently where he hasn’t played well. Poor defense, weak rebounding and subpar offense. Too inconsistent.
give me 16 and 10 every game. Not 27 and 15 one game and 10 and 5 the next. We will lose most of the 10 and 5 games especially if the less talented opposing center is outplaying him.

Orc

Reaction Score
If he plays well we win. Unfortunately there are too many games recently where he hasn’t played well. Poor defense, weak rebounding and subpar offense. Too inconsistent.
give me 16 and 10 every game. Not 27 and 15 one game and 10 and 5 the next. We will lose most of the 10 and 5 games especially if the less talented opposing center is outplaying him.
He’s been terrible after the butler game. He’s in a slump. Match up with Kalkbrenner this Saturday will be tough for him to handle.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you don’t think Sanogo was a big part of the problem tonight I don’t know what game you watched. He was outplayed by Croswell. Cromwell!!

Apparently they had him double teamed. Double Teamed!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean he could have played better I agree. 11 pts, 7 boards on 5-9 shooting isn't all american stuff. But a big part of the problem? The guards shot 10-44 on FG and 2-17 from 3pt. Aren't going to win many games like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom