Top 25 Head Coaching Jobs in College Basketball (Game Theory podcast) | The Boneyard

Top 25 Head Coaching Jobs in College Basketball (Game Theory podcast)

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Pretty entertaining podcast... they have UConn at #17 and pretty much say that it is too early to tell how much staying power the program has in the post-Calhoun years, which I guess is fair.

More to the point, they have Georgetown, UConn and Villanova all ranked ahead of Syracuse

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Pretty entertaining podcast... they have UConn at #17 and pretty much say that it is too early to tell how much staying power the program has in the post-Calhoun years, which I guess is fair.

More to the point, they have Georgetown, UConn and Villanova all ranked ahead of Syracuse

I heard some of that, they have Georgetown ranked based on ( now distant) history and don't give UConn enough credit based on far more success.

Reaction Score
The list is honestly fine. It's not a top programs ranking, it's a top landing spots for a coach. The list is basically top paying jobs combined with most resources to be set up for success.

It's no surprise then we see Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas A&M all listed in the top 25 under those circumstances since they have a ton of money from football they now deploy to basketball.

If this was a top programs list then none of them would even be top 50.

The only school that probably shouldn't be in the top 25 is Gonzaga. Being in the WCC, not near any big recruiting base, money is there now being top 10 every year, but won't be when Few leaves. Few is Gonzaga and Gonzaga is Few. When he goes, they go.

Reaction Score
The list is honestly fine. It's not a top programs ranking, it's a top landing spots for a coach. The list is basically top paying jobs combined with most resources to be set up for success.

It's no surprise then we see Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas A&M all listed in the top 25 under those circumstances since they have a ton of money from football they now deploy to basketball.

If this was a top programs list then none of them would even be top 50.

The only school that probably shouldn't be in the top 25 is Gonzaga. Being in the WCC, not near any big recruiting base, money is there now being top 10 every year, but won't be when Few leaves. Few is Gonzaga and Gonzaga is Few. When he goes, they go.
Funny thing is people said same thing about UConn.

Reaction Score
I actually think Arkansas is a bit different. Musselman was a great hire for them and I think they have a ton of potential.

Unlike those other SEC schools, they have a fanbase and donor/power structure that cares about basketball. A very underrated history, especially amongst northeastern CBB fans. I think they’re like 6th all time in final fours (or something like that).

While the state itself doesn’t produce a ton of talent, the school is well situated to dip into Memphis and Texas talent pools.

TL;dr, really like Musselman; if he stays at Arkansas long term, I think he can really build something there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom