Top 2021 WNBA Prospects | The Boneyard

Top 2021 WNBA Prospects

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Still early, but some top prospects include:

Satou Sabally-the clear cut best prospect from this class. Should slide in perfectly as a stretch four in the W with her great range and inside out ability.

Chennedy Carter-potential is there but has a lot of red flags

Destiny Slocum-one of the best PGs in the country, has ability to create and gets others involved. Well suited for next level.

Evina Westbrook-great size and scoring ability, 2 years with Geno will likely transform her

Kiana Williams-top notch PG from Stanford, has tools to be a good PG at the next level

Michaela Onyenwere-exceptional athlete and rebounder. Needs to expand her perimeter game

Rennia Davis-has all the tools to be a great SF but disappears at times. New coaching may put new life in her

Megan Walker-a bit of a tweener as she is undersized to be a PF, not sure her game is well suited to be a SF. Good potential though.

Didi Richards-needs to improve offense this year but is a long and athletic guard who is exceptional defensively

Andra Espinoza Hunter-dead eye shooter with size as a shooting guard. Needs to develop rest of game but has frame and scoring prowess that could suit her well long term

Keep an eye on:
Alexis Morris-kicked off Baylor but was an outstanding PG as a freshman. Upside is still big.

Rellah Boothe-former #3 recruit. Lots of unique skills but coming off an ACL and sort of a wild player on the court

Chasity Patterson-former #4 recruit who we've seen very little from

Anastasia Hayes--former #7 recruit

N'Dea Jones-exceptional rebounder at 6-3 for A&M

Reaction Score
Looks like a pretty weak class once again. Satou is definitely the gem in the class, but even then, she doesn't play like she's a future number 1 pick. However, she has two years left, so hopefully she improves lots.

I think Walker should feel some pressure this season. There have been many players that have out shined her in her class. I remember there was an article about her in her Sophomore year about her being the best HS prospect in all classes. That included KLS when she was Senior and Cox when she was a Junior, plus all of the other elite players.

Reaction Score
Satou Sabally-the clear cut best prospect from this class. Should slide in perfectly as a stretch four in the W with her great range and inside out ability.

Destiny Slocum-one of the best PGs in the country, has ability to create and gets others involved. Well suited for next level.

All qualify for the 2020 draft, along with Dungee, I believe.

Reaction Score
Yikes..... better be more talent than this. Slocum isn’t as good as advertised. She got outplayed in the loss to lowly Washington in the PAC 1
I’m pretty high on Chelsea Dungee out of Arkansas. She’s a bit on the skinny side but that’s not always a disqualifier.
Love Chelsea Dungee. She’ll play one more year and go pro. I don’t know if her game translates to WNBA, it’s tough to say. She can shoot, drive and get to the line better than anyone in college right now. Tons of fun to watch. She’s not a ball hog but she plays with some real characters. That team has a lot of personality challenges on the roster but Neighbors works with it.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Love Chelsea Dungee. She’ll play one more year and go pro. I don’t know if her game translates to WNBA, it’s tough to say. She can shoot, drive and get to the line better than anyone in college right now. Tons of fun to watch. She’s not a ball hog but she plays with some real characters. That team has a lot of personality challenges on the roster but Neighbors works with it.

Forgot about her. She's definitely in that grouping. I was a little off put by her very public disappointment about not being chosen for individual SEC awards, gave off a "me first" type of attitude. Her skill set is strong though and if she improves efficiency and Arkansas is strong she could become a good prospect.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Looks like a pretty weak class once again. Satou is definitely the gem in the class, but even then, she doesn't play like she's a future number 1 pick. However, she has two years left, so hopefully she improves lots.

I think Walker should feel some pressure this season. There have been many players that have out shined her in her class. I remember there was an article about her in her Sophomore year about her being the best HS prospect in all classes. That included KLS when she was Senior and Cox when she was a Junior, plus all of the other elite players.

I think Satou looks like a strong #1 prospect. Definitely room to improve too, but as a sophomore she averaged 16.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, shot 50% from the floor, 41% from deep and had a positive A/TO ratio for a Final Four team. Plus she led her team in steals and blocks. 6-4 forwards with good perimeter skills and coordination don't grow on trees.

Walker made big strides as a sophomore after an underwhelming freshman season. She's performed well so far even if she doesn't look like a #1 recruit. She'll continue to improve with more responsibility this year. I think for the WNBA though, she's a bit of a tweener at 6-1 and is too small to play as a PF even though that's where she's best suited. Collier faced this conundrum and is obviously excelling, but Pheesa is longer and a more fluid athlete than Megan and just a better scorer than Walker. Lots of time to improve and show off different skills, but as of right now Walker's game reminds me most of Morgan Tuck who has struggled to find her footing in the W.

Reaction Score
Love Chelsea Dungee. She’ll play one more year and go pro. I don’t know if her game translates to WNBA, it’s tough to say.

Well if you think she’s entering early, she better be sure her game translates.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty high on Chelsea Dungee out of Arkansas. She’s a bit on the skinny side but that’s not always a disqualifier.
Walker Kimbrough,Sydney Colson and Jordin Canada are much thinner than Dungee. Colson tough as nails and Walker-Kimbrough is not as soft as first two years.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Aari McDonald from Arizona should be somewhere on this list. Needs to work on 3 point accuracy but she might be the quickest player in the country, can drive at will.

Reaction Score
I think Aari McDonald from Arizona should be somewhere on this list. Needs to work on 3 point accuracy but she might be the quickest player in the country, can drive at will.
What a job Coach Barnes is doing. Saw Cats lose to Cal in OT at HAAS. Cats had that game but blew it. Racee Caldwell then hit a bomb 3 pter to force OT
Also saw UConn beat Cal at HAAS last season. Crowd was loud at both games

Reaction Score
It is interesting to see this as a weaker draft on the American side. Assuming that the rules do not change with a new CBA and that there are no surprise enrollments in college, 2021 is shaping up to be an exceptionally deep international draft class.

Reaction Score
Still early, but some top prospects include:

Evina Westbrook-great size and scoring ability, 2 years with Geno will likely transform her

Kiana Williams-top notch PG from Stanford, has tools to be a good PG at the next level

Michaela Onyenwere-exceptional athlete and rebounder. Needs to expand her perimeter game

Rennia Davis-has all the tools to be a great SF but disappears at times. New coaching may put new life in her

Megan Walker-a bit of a tweener as she is undersized to be a PF, not sure her game is well suited to be a SF. Good potential though.

Didi Richards-needs to improve offense this year but is a long and athletic guard who is exceptional defensively

Andra Espinoza Hunter-dead eye shooter with size as a shooting guard. Needs to develop rest of game but has frame and scoring prowess that could suit her well long term

Keep an eye on:
Alexis Morris-kicked off Baylor but was an outstanding PG as a freshman. Upside is still big.

Rellah Boothe-former #3 recruit. Lots of unique skills but coming off an ACL and sort of a wild player on the court

Chasity Patterson-former #4 recruit who we've seen very little from

Anastasia Hayes--former #7 recruit

N'Dea Jones-exceptional rebounder at 6-3 for A&M
If she takes the coaching by Coach Schaefer and Coach Johnnie Harris then Mississippi State’s Yemiyah Morris has a chance to carve out a role in the WNBA and/or overseas. She is 6’6” with great size and very good leaping ability. She gets off the floor quickly for blocking or altering shots as well as rebounding. Her chances will depend on her ability to develop a go to or at least semi-consistent offensive move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom