Top 10 UCONN players | The Boneyard

Top 10 UCONN players

Reaction Score
That’s a rerun or something? This came out last year.

Reaction Score
That show was heavily criticized for leaving out Wolters, who was a National Player of the Year.

Reaction Score
I'd go with the following.

1-- Stewart
2-- DT
3-- Maya
4-- Lobo
5-- MoJeff
6-- Bird
7-- Charles
8-- Sales
9-- Bascom
10- Wolters (though I could see Sveta or Rizzo)

Reaction Score
Perfect top 4.
After that, clearly debatable IMO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Taurasi
Stewart
Moore
Bird
Lobo
Charles
Rizzotti
Sales
Bascom
Jefferson

Before Stewie's MVP and Championship. I wonder if she would move ahead of Diana now ??

Sue Bird solidifies her 4th place position.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Need to expand list to 30 for wall folk and then another list of 20 favorites who made huge contributions to the team without the wall recognition.

Reaction Score
No show was top 10 there should be a cap for discussion

Reaction Score

1-- Stewart
2-- DT
3-- Maya
4-- Lobo
5-- MoJeff
6-- Bird
7-- Charles
8-- Sales
9-- Bascom

Good list.
I like Bird better than MoJeff.

I’m struggling where I would put Pam Webber, Ann Strouther, Kelly Schumacher, Megan Gardler And Amy Duran.

Reaction Score

1-- Stewart
2-- DT
3-- Maya
4-- Lobo
5-- MoJeff
6-- Bird
7-- Charles
8-- Sales
9-- Bascom

Did you ever see Rizzotti play?! She was also a National Player of the Year, which should automatically put one on this list. Jefferson ahead of Bird?! Please. Even today, Seattle would never even think of trading Sue Bird for her.

Reaction Score
Did you ever see Rizzotti play?! She was also a National Player of the Year, which should automatically put one on this list. Jefferson ahead of Bird?! Please. Even today, Seattle would never even think of trading Sue Bird for her.

Bird is definitely number five.
CW will be number 6.

Reaction Score
Taurasi
Stewart
Moore
Bird
Lobo
Charles
Rizzotti
Sales
Bascom
Jefferson

Wolters belonged in seventh position as a National Player of the Year. Whomever is knocked off or kept among the remaining three is really a crap shoot. Add Svetlana, and you have a Top 12 with little argument.

Reaction Score
Perfect top 4.
After that, clearly debatable IMO.

Really? I recognize that this is a UConn only list, but Stewart, Charles, Moore, Taurasi and Bird could easily be the starting team for USA Basketball this year with little argument. In terms of career success on all levels, no one else even belongs in the discussion for Top five.

Reaction Score
Really? I recognize that this is a UConn only list, but Stewart, Charles, Moore, Taurasi and Bird could easily be the starting team for USA Basketball this year with little argument. In terms of career success on all levels, no one else even belongs in the discussion for Top five.

Those five are UConn's all-time starting five. And actually was a starting five for USA basketball a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Good list.
I like Bird better than MoJeff.

I’m struggling where I would put Pam Webber, Ann Strouther, Kelly Schumacher, Megan Gardler And Amy Duran.

I prefer MoJeff. Her defense was off-the-charts. I think her assist-to-turnover ratio was off-the-charts. So-- she plays tremendous defense, is extremely efficient shooting the ball, and is extremely efficient passing.

IMO it comes down to Bird's ability to score better vs MJ's defense, - and how much one believes Bid "makes others better" while MJ "supposedly" doesn't or "not too much." I take into account transition defense to offense-- that also makes other players better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

1-- I don't think NPOY automatically puts a player on the list. Jenn was great but looking at her sr year she shot 44% from the floor, 27.5 from 3pt range and didn't quite average 2-1 assist to turnover. Yes she was great but imo Bascom leading her team to the final four was a greater accomplishmernt than Jenn's NPOY year.
2-- Regarding Bird and MJ--Are we talking pros or are we talking UCONN? Otherwise why bring up Seattle?
3-- If you want to talk pros by bringing up Bird, then how did players like Rizzotti, Wolters and Lobo do in the pros?

Reaction Score
I was considering UCONN performance only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom