Top 10 recruits since 2000 for every school in AAC | The Boneyard

Top 10 recruits since 2000 for every school in AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder why Drummond wasn't included. Is it because he re-classified last minute? Not sure why Bynum is listed for UConn and Perkins for Memphis but not Mudiay for SMU.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Caron Butler was top 10, and I believe that Taliek Brown was a top 20 kid too.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Butler a PG?

He was, but so are other guys on the list. This is surface level research, at best. It was interesting in a click baity way, though, which I'm sure was the point.

Reaction Score
Looking over that list again yeah they missed some obvious ones. Not sure where they got the data to come up with that list but 247Sports only has rankings back to 2003. So that would miss Taliek Brown and Caron Butler. And Andre Drummond isn't in their rankings for 2011 or 2012 (his original expected class). So if that's the data they used for these lists then that's probably why they missed those 3. And why did they go back to 2000 if the 247Sports rankings only go back to 2003?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking over that list again yeah they missed some obvious ones. Not sure where they got the data to come up with that list but only has rankings back to 2003. So that would miss Taliek Brown and Caron Butler. And Andre Drummond isn't in their rankings for 2011 or 2012 (his original expected class). So if that's the data they used for these lists then that's probably why they missed those 3. And why did they go back to 2000 if the rankings only go back to 2003?

Andre Drummond was ranked around 58 for them. They do a composite. It is likely that Drummond was not included in one of the other rankings, which knocked him down in the composites.

Reaction Score
Andre Drummond was ranked around 58 for them. They do a composite. It is likely that Drummond was not included in one of the other rankings, which knocked him down in the composites.
They had him at 58? ESPN had him at 2 right?

Reaction Score
They had him at 58? ESPN had him at 2 right?

Like I said, it is the composite.

2 + 2 + 2 + UNRANKED = 58

Whatever value they give to these positions, they give you zero for unranked, which kills your composite score.

Reaction Score
They have him at 85 in the 2012 class. This article is GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out.

Reaction Score
How is Drummond not on there? He was #2 in his class. Highest rated recruit we've ever landed. Also, I don't know his ranking but I feel like Rob McKiver could have been on Houstons but he started at Providence so maybe that's why he isn't.

Reaction Score
How is Drummond not on there? He was #2 in his class. Highest rated recruit we've ever landed. Also, I don't know his ranking but I feel like Rob McKiver could have been on Houstons but he started at Providence so maybe that's why he isn't.

Drummond reclassified so late that a lot of the ranking services never updated him to 2011. As a result, he's listed in the wrong year, far lower than he should have been.

Reaction Score
They give us Bynum and we want Drummond too? I would rather have neither listed among UConn's best anything. One did didn't come, the other destabilized a good team then left without proving himself.

Didn't Zach Brown commit to us when he was top 15? Maybe we should claim him next year.

I acknowledge that Drummond is a great pro and UConn advocate but I wouldn't spend a second trying to rationalize hi inclusion here.

Reaction Score
They give us Bynum and we want Drummond too? I would rather have neither listed among UConn's best anything. One did didn't come, the other destabilized a good team then left without proving himself.

Didn't Zach Brown commit to us when he was top 15? Maybe we should claim him next year.

I acknowledge that Drummond is a great pro and UConn advocate but I wouldn't spend a second trying to rationalize hi inclusion here.
Regardless of how you feel about Andre, and as you probably can tell I disagree, the article is highest ranked recruits, not who you think had bigger impacts.

Reaction Score
If I had never read any of the threads on this "?.. Apparently Music" forum I might have conceded the point. At least I was talking about the right guy and the right list.

Reaction Score
I'm happy to see KO has some guys on the list. KO started out a little slow with recruiting, but he's starting to pick things up. Just the fact the list isn't made up of all Calhoun's guys is nice.

Reaction Score
First ... Gary Parrish always goes to his default conclusion. UConn sucks. He can get there in 1001 ways. This time he really crapped all over this with whatever recruiting statistics he could find. This is ridiculous. Who the hell can accurately pin kids as #240 or something. In Hoop? From HS & AAU views? Going back to 2003?

Second ... this points out the contra: the AAC other teams (Not names Houston, Memphis or Cincinnati) have never had the caliber of the lowest form of Big East programs we are used to. Sad ... but we need to find our way through this. Thank God for Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score

I agree, he was a dud in college, however the rankings don't seem to be based off of who had the most successful career at the schools, it's star rating and numerical rating. Rudy Gay is atop our list because he's listed at a 5 star 99. Drummond was a 5 star #2 recruit, so off the numbers, he should be on there, off what he's done for UConn, absolutely not. If that were the case, Kemba and Shabazz would be #1 and #2.

Reaction Score
This is kind of the follow up to the article in the first post.

Top 25 recruits since 2000 for current AAC schools: Remember Dajuan Wagner?

Lots of UConn mentions in there and shows how much better UConn recruits than the rest of the AAC.

Players mentioned above missing from the original article, mainly Taliek Brown and Andre Drummond, are in this article. Some how they missed Caron Butler.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Love how they listed Taliek as one of the top 5 underachievers. Yeah because quarterbacking a national championship team as a senior leader is so awful. I wish all our point guards underachieved that much.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog