Top 10 Incoming Freshmen In Big East - 2022-23 | The Boneyard

Top 10 Incoming Freshmen In Big East - 2022-23

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Cookies! (cookies, typically a two, but can be a 3, where the player makes either a particularly difficult basket, or makes one at a particularly important moment in the game, or makes one as a direct response to an opponent who talks too much. calling it after a made free throw may subject the player to an instant deportation.)
let's use it for the 2 in this case.

point one. cam. after olehead introduced him here years ago, with almost nonexistent notice in response, i checked him out and freaked. holy crapinski, this guy is good! he has 'it!' as he moved up the 'expert' reviews, starting out over 100, then climbing, ever so steadily, till a final burst into the top group. what took them so long?
yessirreee bob, crickets around here at those times.
now,
'Whitmore is one of few guys who probably don’t even need to play a year in college basketball,'

point two. donovan. there is a lot of gab around here wondering if he should be on the floor with adama, or thinking that he should be limited to a handful of minutes.
some are adamant in their dismissal of both the adama tagteam, and the more time, ideas.
thoughts like that are insane.
'At 7’1″ and 255 pounds, he’ll pair up with Adama Sanogo to form quite possibly the most frightening frontcourt in the entire country.'
and, given the obvious sweetness of karaban's game, iffn donvan ain't out there early and often, with alex quickly following, it will be coaching malpractice.
Cookies! as always, there will be a quiz.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yeppers, give me these six guys, and i'll win a dang first round game.
adama, hawk, ajax, alex, donovan, and tristen. toss in a couple extras to pick up the dishes, and stack the chairs, and lets go.
on broken d, as they backpedal down the court, you'd hear this:
'i got x, go get y. hey tree, make sure you watch that guy, slick! grab him!
no threes for that guy! watch the pick! box out! no fouls!' or something like that.

basket-ballers.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
adama, hawk, ajax, alex, donovan, and tristen. toss in a couple extras to pick up the dishes, and stack the chairs, and lets go.
no threes for that guy! watch the pick! box out! no fouls!' or something like that.

basket-ballers.
wow, 12 hours out there, and not a peep on this.
time to

i mean, where's the outrage? where's the indignation that it can't just be that simple? where's the argument, filled with charts and graphs, quotes from the 'experts,' and stats up the bassmaster 'proving' the wrong headedness aboot this?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

basket-ballers.
quite simple, really.
you see, tristen is a 1ish/2. if necessary, he can do the 3 job. hawk is a 2ish/3. ajax is a 4ish/1, alex is a 3ish/4, mebbe even 2ish if his handle is there. obviously, adama is now pushing the 4ish/5 thing, as he expands the distance on his shot. of course he will, that man is singularly focused on gettin paid. and donvan is a 5 who can drop threes.
quite simple, really.

'yeppers, give me these six guys, and i'll win a dang first round game.'

'yo, sound the bell. schools in, suckas'
hammer time.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No Alex is odd, unless they’re not including redshirts
Especially since I expect him to be better than Clingan. Karaban should qualify as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Especially since I expect him to be better than Clingan. Karaban should qualify as a freshman.
Why do you expect him to be “better”? Quotes are bc they play different positions.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
quite simple, really.
you see, tristen is a 1ish/2. if necessary, he can do the 3 job. hawk is a 2ish/3. ajax is a 4ish/1, alex is a 3ish/4, mebbe even 2ish if his handle is there. obviously, adama is now pushing the 4ish/5 thing, as he expands the distance on his shot. of course he will, that man is singularly focused on gettin paid. and donvan is a 5 who can drop threes.
quite simple, really.

'yeppers, give me these six guys, and i'll win a dang first round game.'

'yo, sound the bell. schools in, suckas'
hammer time.

two 1's.
two 2's.
three 3's.
three 4's.
two 5's.

go fish.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ok, i'll leave now. grabbin the board and heading out to surf. NOAA tells us that the first gusts and curls are poppin in the equatorial Atlantic, and it's time for us to see for ourselves. prolly discover a new pizza joint along the way.
and, i expect to contemplate deeply while navel gazing on this idea of the six. is it really that simple? am i missing something? will someone, anyone, step up to point out the error of my ways?

on second thought, nah, forget that last one. i'll have much better things to think aboot.
mahalo, NOAA, mahalo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why do you expect him to be “better”? Quotes are bc they play different positions.
I expect him to be more impactful this coming season no matter what, as @navery12 noted. I don't expect Clingan will play that much, so putting him at #2 is odd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom