Top 10 finalists for Lisa Leslie Award | The Boneyard

Top 10 finalists for Lisa Leslie Award

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Don't really care because there isn't a Husky on the list and some don't get a lot of accolades here on the BY.
But based on performance game in and game out, and from the 3 or 4 games that I have seen her in, Megan G, hands down.
For the 3 "pundit" choices: Brianna T., Teaira M., and Kalani B., it appeared to me that they take possessions, and even games, off depending upon their opponent.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Suspect Kalani Brown will win the award. This based on Baylor getting more publicity then the other nominee teams. Notre Dame is getting publicity but I don't see Turner getting credited for their success.

Reaction Score
Suspect Kalani Brown will win the award. This based on Baylor getting more publicity then the other nominee teams. Notre Dame is getting publicity but I don't see Turner getting credited for their success.
Turner gets the least credit out of the starting 5 i’d say. But She’s been big on the defensive end all season. Her ability to block shots is really good and even when She can’t block a shot she can alter someone’s shot just because of her length.

Reaction Score
Gustafson vs Kalani i think
Anigwe 3rd
Don’t know much about Turner this year but I think most would agree she’s NDs 4th best player, which makes it hard to win

Is Fluker related to the former TN player?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I like Turner, but she has not been the same since her knee injury. I don't see her winning over Gustafson or Anigwe who have both played well all year. As you said, Brown has name recognition because of Baylor's high profile, top 5 ranking, and their numerous appearances on national TV. It's hard to win awards if you labor in obscurity. I admit to not hearing or knowing of several of these candidates. :confused: There is a home town player listed I didn't know about, so I looked her up. Channon Fluker, CSUN (Cal State Univ Northridge). She has a very impressive resume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member