OT - took the kids to UConn campus today | The Boneyard

OT - took the kids to UConn campus today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We ended up sneaking into Gampel Pavilion and played 2 on 2 basketball for over an hour. My question is - can anybody go into Gampel and shoot around? Or is it reserved for players only and we just got lucky?

Reaction Score
I've never had a problem getting in there during the day. I work for the Husky Ambassador program here and whenever I have a student shadowing me for the day I make sure to take them into Gampel. More often than not, some of the players from either the men's or women's team are in there shooting around. And some of my friends have gone down to the court to take pictures or shoot clips for a video. I would think it would only be closed during the day for a closed practice or some other private event. Pretty bold move actually playing basketball in there but hey it's not like anyone told you not to.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You can walk through Gampel pretty much 24/7. If someone sees you playing on the court you'll be asked to leave though. Not sure if they make it more of an issue than that though.

Reaction Score
we used to go after the bars let out around 2-3am. if your lucky someone will have left a bball out under the stands. then you can recreate the great uconn moments where they actually happened, to the best of your drunken abilities.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Gampel is always open so you can pretty much go whenever, at least if there isn't volleyball/basketball going on.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the replies, guys. My kids and I had a blast, that's for sure! I kept looking over my shoulder expecting somebody to kick us off the court. I live in Florida and hadn't been back to the campus in over 15 years. Came away with goosebumps and $400 worth of swag from the Co-op...

Reaction Score
Technically, if you go on the court without prior authorization it constitutes criminal trespassing and you can get up to six months in prison and/or a $500 fine. But, that being said, presuming nobody else is on the court when you begin (as opposed to running onto the court during a TV timeout, stealing the ball from the ref, and trying to make a layup), you'll just be asked to leave, and as long as you don't refuse, you won't get in trouble. Just don't do it every day, because eventually they'll catch on and arrest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom