Took a quick look at some other boards... | The Boneyard

Took a quick look at some other boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and I am truly amazed at how giddy all of our ex-conference mates seem to be with the destruction of the Big East and primarily UConn. I understand that most of the people who post the most vile things make up a small minority of the entire fanbase, but it is still pretty strange to me.

I can honestly say that as much as I dislike BC, SU, RU etc, I would feel pretty bad for them if they were going through what we are going through right now. I am sure that it stems somewhat from the success we have had in basketball and to a certain extent our rapid rise to parity in football. Still seems pretty ducked to me though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
...and I am truly amazed at how giddy all of our ex-conference mates seem to be with the destruction of the Big East and primarily UConn. I understand that most of the people who post the most vile things make up a small minority of the entire fanbase, but it is still pretty strange to me.

I can honestly say that as much as I dislike BC, SU, RU etc, I would feel pretty bad for them if they were going through what we are going through right now. I am sure that it stems somewhat from the success we have had in basketball and to a certain extent our rapid rise to parity in football. Still seems pretty ducked to me though.
Mostly jaded people will celebrate other peoples problems. The majority are indifferent or mildly happy or sympathetic.

Reaction Score
Doesn't surprise me in the least. And they always called us the animals.

Reaction Score
Well, if the Mayans were right, the last thing I'm going to do is go on their boards and gloat that their flucked just like the rest of us. How you like me now?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would not have sympathy for BC. The others -- absolutely. I want college sports to be important in the Northeast.
Not a fan of Pitt who nixed the ESPN deal while courting the ACC! Still if they were in our shoes I wouldn't be gloating. However in my dreams UConn gets an invite to the B!G and the ACC gets BE'd by the other conferences and BC and Pitt and Cuse are begging harder! But I wouldn't gloat publicly about it. Just in my head.

Reaction Score
Gloating over beating us in the athletic arena is one thing. It's all in good sport. Fair enough.

Gloating over what's happening to us and the Big East goes way beyond sports. This is lowball backroom dealings and it's bad for college athletics. I wouldn't wish any of this upon our former conference mates. Not even those pr**ks up in Chestnut Hill.

You don't destroy a school's nor a confernece's ability to stay competitive through financial means. You just don't.

Reaction Score
I've been looking at the boards too, and there are a few RU fans taking joy in this, why I don't know since we definitely know how you guys feel.

But it seems like most SU fans LOOOOOOOOVE getting their rocks off to anything bad UCONN and/or RU. What a sad, sad group up there in the tundra of the Toronto metropolitan area.

Reaction Score
But it seems like most SU fans LOOOOOOOOVE getting their rocks off to anything bad UCONN.

And their descendants, 100 years from now, will be saying "How come Syracuse has 200 years of all this hoops history and still doesn't have as many national titles as little ol' Connecticut."

Reaction Score
I've been looking at the boards too, and there are a few RU fans taking joy in this, why I don't know since we definitely know how you guys feel.

But it seems like most SU fans LOOOOOOOOVE getting their rocks off to anything bad UCONN and/or RU. What a sad, sad group up there in the tundra of the Toronto metropolitan area.
there is no more pathetic board than syracusefan. I used to get a kick out of their confusion of jealousy and hatred, but lately its gotten so obsessive and childish i cant take it. congrats on the b1g invite, bring us with you.

Reaction Score
I'm sad for Connecticut and Cincinnati, but I'm admittedly happy for the destruction of the Big East. I actually would have loved for the nostalgic Big East to survive. But this future incarnation with Memphis, UCF, SMU, Houston, San Diego State and all these other teams gave me absolutely no interest as a sports fan. To me, it is a jumbled mess of schools that have no commonality or tradition with one another.

Reaction Score
There was a time I always rooted for our conference mates when they played ooc. I will never do that again, unless we join the B1G, which I don't see as realistic. Everyone else can f off.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
BC: First class pukes who deserve a moribund team that exists an afterthought in the ACC. It's too bad the fan base is so small and inconsequential because it would be much more fun if they had a large fanbase that knew that they needed UConn to make them relevant again. The more the merrier.

Syracuse: Without question the smallest-minded lot of the bunch. They were like our big brother but alas, as we surpassed them they became envious and jealous. I will enjoy their BC-like slide to irrelevance.

Pitt: Tormented by a men's program that can't win the big game and backed by the second class FB program in the State I almost feel sorry for them. However, only a moments reflection on the double dealing by their administration brings me back to reality and makes me root that their thuggish team will continue to disappoint.

Rutgers: It's true: their men's team NEVER qualified for the tourney as a member of the Big East. Their FB team is forever cursed and their one shining moment was quickly overshadowed by some crass words from Don Imus. Long may you fail Scarlet Knights!

WVU: I genuinely like these guys. They were always good for conversation and rooted for their conference mates with an unmatched passion. They didn't trash anyone, really, they just wanted out of the sinking ship. Yeah, they have some self esteem issues but I wish them well, out on an island, in the Big 12

Reaction Score
Syracuse thinks they're Michigan but in reality they're Kansas with significantly worse basketball.

Reaction Score
Everyone hates us because we win. If we were losers they'd be sympathetic. Don't let it bother you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not for nothing but seriously, who the F%&k cares what some losers with very little to call a life post on some other boards?

Reaction Score
There was a time I always rooted for our conference mates when they played ooc. I will never do that again, unless we join the B1G, which I don't see as realistic. Everyone else can f off.

Judging by the B1G fan reception RU and Maryland, you would have to wade through a ton of vomit and spew before you began cheering for the people who vomited on you.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't care what fans from other schools think. Conference realignment causes everyone to care about their own interests first and foremost. In that light, I care about what our fans think and, scrolling through many of these threads, I do not like what I see. This is the absolute WORST time to jump ship guys. Conference realignment is far from over and we as fans can only control one thing: continue to support UConn athletics through thick and thin to stay ahead of schools like Cincinnati, USF, and others for the next wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom