Too early to start stressing | The Boneyard

Too early to start stressing

Reaction Score
It's the first week of the season, 6 ranked teams lost. Take it as a learning experience and move on. They will be fine they have to get used to playing with each other. Some players did not play last year some played limited minutes do to injuries and also new players in the mix. please have patience and show support, we have a whole season ahead of us!!

sun

Reaction Score
There's also 2 new coaches, one who was involved with the team last year & another who wasn't,

Reaction Score
I'm not stressed at all. But I'm a college prof and work with kids in this age range all day long. I know what to expect. It's a volatile age, often capable of great things but also of emotional breakdowns. I'm always amazed (even envious) at how well Geno and CD manage to instill self-discipline in their teams. They will succeed again this year.

Reaction Score
Yup. Way too early to start stressing. Just one game. The team will bounce back and get things figured out, like they always do. Plenty of games left, especially that Sunday matchup here in Minneapolis!! I can't wait.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just time to lower expectations. They may still make the Final four, but it's not a foregone conclusion. The glory days of Diana Taurasi and Brianna Stewart dominant led teams are long gone.

UConn teams led by Maya in 2009 and 2010 were not dominant? :D;)

Glory days are gone in part because of Geno's vision. Raising the game of WCBB is just as much of Geno's legacy as 11 NC.

• Geno challenged other coaches to improve. Geno invited other coaches to his practices. You are seeing the results.
  • Competition and athleticism has skyrocketed since UConn championship teams in 2003 and 2004.
  • Geno mentioned [paraphrasing] that Gabby was the start of a new wave of players coming out of high school. Gabby graduated in 2018. You are seeing Gabby-like athleticism on numerous teams.

Reaction Score
The Huskies lost their rythmn in the second half. Seemed like a lack of preparation re what to do in a jam situation. Toughness and scrapyness needed. It will get better next time!

Reaction Score
At times it really does seem like we lack the toughness to dig down deep. Not always, but Sunday’s game was an example of when it felt like we were “comfortable” with losing (not all players, obviously). I want players besides Paige to get fired up and go on a tear.

Reaction Score
I've never seen a UCONN team this imbalanced. The lack of size, athleticism, and physical presence is very concerning. When the coach points it out in public then yeah, it's a big concern and time to stress. Not an easy fix.

Reaction Score
I agree, not without some major fixes, the primary one being defense. That usual racket down job Geno does in late February on the defensive end should happen now. They need to move their feet, get lower, be tougher, box out, and mostly talk! We have enough offensive threats so if you are a liability on defense you have to sit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom