Too bad the season is ending; The dynamic duo is just starting | The Boneyard

Too bad the season is ending; The dynamic duo is just starting

Reaction Score
Goes to show that it takes time to develop chemistry and learn roles with new players. Bouk and Vital as a duo could hang with Tate/Chris Ricky/Khalid, Ben/Taliek and so many other good combos we've had. Note: I said "could hang". Anyway perhaps this is a major cause of our early losses (i.e needed time).

From the words of Bouk “Me and him, when we go out there, we’ve just got to be the dynamic duo type,” Bouknight said. “When I came back in the second half, he said it was a little harder without me.” Linky

Love the encouragement from Vital, our leader in that statement! Vital is confident and not threatened by the rising star, a damn great quality hard to find in our youth. Sure Gaffney looks to step right in, but he won't be Batman (i.e. Vital).

The sad part is they are just learning to play together and doing it well. Hopefully we get an NIT bid, just for continuation of this duo. Enjoy them while you can.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t count us out just yet, think we could go on a run in the ncaa tournament. Last time I saw AAC tourney brackets, we were playing like Tulsa then cincy then anything could happen in the finals. We’ve shown we can beat any team in this conference, we just have to play well those 3 games. It’s unlikely but not impossible. There’s no team like last year’s Houston team, or some past cincy teams where I’ve felt hopeless.

Houston is obviously the team we will want to avoid down there since they’re the closest to the tourney site (outside of SMU which doesn’t scare me). Maybe they’ll get upset before we have to play them.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t count us out just yet, think we could go on a run in the ncaa tournament. Last time I saw AAC tourney brackets, we were playing like Tulsa then cincy then anything could happen in the finals. We’ve shown we can beat any team in this conference, we just have to play well those 3 games. It’s unlikely but not impossible. There’s no team like last year’s Houston team, or some past cincy teams where I’ve felt hopeless.

Houston is obviously the team we will want to avoid down there since they’re the closest to the tourney site (outside of SMU which doesn’t scare me). Maybe they’ll get upset before we have to play them.

I’ll take UConn in March with Vital making his last stand over anyone in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I love the optimism, but we are 5-5 in our last 10 games. Yesterday was a win at home against a team with a record of 11-16.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Recent history suggests that if UConn can hold a 60-63 position on KenPom, they're likely in, barring a total cluster with one bid leagues

pj

Reaction Score
Recent history suggests that if UConn can hold a 60-63 position on KenPom, they're likely in, barring a total cluster with one bid leagues

UConn is currently 65 in KenPom and is likely to slip toward 70 because we are playing weak teams (3 of the last 4) and have to blow them out to maintain position. This team doesn't get a lot of blowouts.

The last at large invite is generally in the 40s or 50s on KenPom. Remember, of 68 teams in, as many as 15-20 are low on KenPom and are in by winning weak conferences. I think there is no chance of an at large bid.

Reaction Score
A .500 conference record and an NIT invite in year 2 with the current roster is a reasonable goal.

That’s not always going to be an acceptable result, but the circumstances of this year and where the program is and is going makes it a bit more palatable.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario is we win the Conf. tourny. Next best and more likely is win 2 or 3 more and lock in a NIT bid. Makes waves in the NIT and get people talking about next years team.

Reaction Score
Considering where we were 2 years ago when we got blown out by 20 or more points 8 times, we have made great progress. I think this team could literally win the NIT, which would be a great foundation for future success.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I love this backcourt. Seriously my favorite backcourt since Bazz/Boat. If only they had another season together. :(

Reaction Score

They have a clear path to the NCAA. The AAC tournament. Otherwise win a couple of more games and head to the NIT.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think CV is on his favorite team right now. It shows a lot.

Maybe chicken or the egg, but Vital has been smiling a bunch more on the court and seems to be a bit more relaxed out there and not pressing so much. Don't know if the better play is relaxing him or him being relaxed is leading to better play. As a fan, I just like the results.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn is currently 65 in KenPom and is likely to slip toward 70 because we are playing weak teams (3 of the last 4) and have to blow them out to maintain position. This team doesn't get a lot of blowouts.

The last at large invite is generally in the 40s or 50s on KenPom. Remember, of 68 teams in, as many as 15-20 are low on KenPom and are in by winning weak conferences. I think there is no chance of an at large bid.

I was talking NIT as I thought everyone else was. Over the past five years, the last P7 in has been between 63-67 on KP.

Having a laugh anyone thought I was referring to NCAAs.

pj

Reaction Score
I was talking NIT as I thought everyone else was. Over the past five years, the last P7 in has been between 63-67 on KP.

Having a laugh anyone thought I was referring to NCAAs.

If we finish 18-13, I think we'll be in the NIT for sure due to our strength in major northeast markets, regardless of KenPom finish.

Reaction Score

Post/handle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom