Too bad Azura is not having fun or playing well... | The Boneyard

Too bad Azura is not having fun or playing well...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Z.jpeg

:rolleyes: :cool: :D

That said, here are the facts...

1. Azura has played 281 minutes in her 12 games, an average of 23.4 per game. 2nd lowest of the Big 6.
2. Z leads the team in rebounding with 106 boards, including 32 offensive..!
3. She is 3rd in assists with 40..!! Ahead of Kia (34) and Pheesa (38). Third..!! ;)
4. Z leads the Huskies with 25 blocked shots, four ahead of Napheesa.
5. She has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.5 (40 dimes vs 16 to's) Crystal's ratio is 2.58... :cool:

To summarize, Z has played only 23 minutes per game but leads the team in rebounds and blocks, is 3rd in assists and barely turns the ball over 1 time per game. But can she score...?? :rolleyes:

6. Her 162 points is an average of 13.5 per game, but she is 2nd in made baskets w/ 69. Pheesa has 77.
7. Inside the 3 pt arc, Z is 65-96 or 68%.
8. But she is foul prone, right..? Well, she has more blocked shots (25) than fouls (24).
9. Azura's 10 steals are only 1 behind Katie Lou and 2 behind Kia.
10. Her high game for points was 25 (MSU) and for rebounds, it was 16 (ECU).

The best news is she is getting better game by game. :p Someone send a thank you card to Joanne P...;)

Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - Cold weather has reached Naples. Today the butler had to re-heat my cocoa twice...:eek:

P.S.S. - A large group is heading to Tampa for the USF game & there are EXTRA TICKETS..let me know if you need one or two. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's the evil genius of Geno. Have her come off the bench so there's room for her game to grow and she'll need to come back next year to achieve that growth. Geno is the king. :cool:
(There needs to be an emoji with a crown)

Reaction Score
One of the things we really need to celebrate is: Z was unhappy at her old college (do we need to name it ;)?) and ecstatic at UConn. Well, sure, UConn got a great player (next year: AA and NPOY--sorry Lou fanboys), but more importantly a young person took a risk and is happy for it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the things we really need to celebrate is: Z was unhappy at her old college (do we need to name it ;)?) and ecstatic at UConn. Well, sure, UConn got a great player (next year: AA and NPOY--sorry Lou fanboys), but more importantly a young person took a risk and is happy for it.
Bold prediction about NPOY next year Bags. I’ll go you one better. It’ll be a 3-way race between Lou, Z & MW. :cool:

Reaction Score
Bold prediction about NPOY next year Bags. I’ll go you one better. It’ll be a 3-way race between Lou, Z & MW. :cool:
I like it! But Meg won't be allowed to play her game next year, being effectively one of 5 AA's on the court (I realize that only 3 can be picked). When she's a junior, she'll be duking it out with Sabrina, who will win (for a 2nd time), and Meg will win her senior year.
these aren't predictions: these are certainties:
NPOY 18: Wilson
NPOY 19: Ionescu
NPOY 20: ditto
NPOY 21: Walker

EDIT:
NPOY 19: Ionescu. woops! I'm reconsidering: I'm reconsidering Lou and esp. Z here, so I guess it's not a certainty. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I like it! But Meg won't be allowed to play her game next year, being effectively one of 5 AA's on the court (I realize that only 3 can be picked). When she's a junior, she'll be duking it out with Sabrina, who will win (for a 2nd time), and Meg will win her senior year.
Nobody from the PNW could ever win the NPOY....:oops:

Reaction Score
That was my thinly veiled reference to a certain young lady who played at Washington last season.

Too subtle for me I guess oldude, but needless to say they aren't even in the same universe.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 27488

1. Azura has played 281 minutes in her 12 games, an average of 23.4 per game. 2nd lowest of the Big 6.
3. She is 3rd in assists with 40..!! Ahead of Kia (34) and Pheesa (38). Third..!! ;)
5. She has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.5 (40 dimes vs 16 to's) Crystal's ratio is 2.58... :cool:

To summarize, Z has played only 23 minutes per game but leads the team in rebounds and blocks, is 3rd in assists and barely turns the ball over 1 time per game. But can she score...?? :rolleyes:

6. Her 162 points is an average of 13.5 per game, but she is 2nd in made baskets w/ 69. Pheesa has 77.
8. But she is foul prone, right..? Well, she has more blocked shots (25) than fouls (24).

The best news is she is getting better game by game. :p Someone send a thank you card to Joanne P...;)

Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - Cold weather has reached Naples. Today the butler had to re-heat my cocoa twice...:eek:

P.S.S. - A large group is heading to Tampa for the USF game & there are EXTRA TICKETS..let me know if you need one or two. :)

You said: "The best news is she is getting better game by game. :p Someone send a thank you card to Joanne P...";)
It's in the mail, along with a Hershey's kiss. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Just think how much farther along she would be if she had chosen to come to UConn originally. If she had, I doubt UConn would have lost in the FF semi's last year. ;)

Reaction Score
From your fingers to the Gods that make the selections---I previously post : Thank God for Azura Stevens, and I thank JPM for recruiting well and treating not so great.
If you could leave KLS off your list---well?? I too thank you for recognizing the potential of Ms Walker.

Reaction Score
mjk

EDIT:
NPOY 19: Ionescu. woops! I'm reconsidering: I'm reconsidering Lou and esp. Z here, so I guess it's not a certainty. :)

Isn't Ionescu a year ahead of Walker??

Reaction Score
View attachment 27488

Go Huskies..!!

Great post! Many of you on the BY write much better than the best of the local wcbb scribes. AND you're smarter than they are, too. It's a pleasure to read your posts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is a shame that no one thought to do this - and analysis of Stevens' statistics, what they mean, how they compare to the rest of the team, how they would rank in UConn history, etc.

Oh, wait... ;)
Azurá Stevens and the UConn History Books
I'm not nearly as analytical as you and at maybe @Phil but but in the 19 days since you completed that analysis I think Azura has actually been trending up. Am I correct?

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great post! Many of you on the BY write much better than the best of the local wcbb scribes. AND you're smarter than they are, too. It's a pleasure to read your posts.

I second that!!! We have some very talented, knowledgeable and articulate posters here in the yard. It's a pleasure to read them. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom