Tony Robertson gets his degree at UConn | The Boneyard

Tony Robertson gets his degree at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've always liked Tony Robertson and it was really great reading that he's gotten his degree just recently in Storrs. For him to come back at this stage of his life and earn his degree shows a great level of maturation that has transpired with him. He came to the realization that his basketball days were behind him and for the sake of his kids (and himself) he returned to get his degree with some help from Jim Calhoun and George Blaney. I think that's a wonderful story and I hope that we hear an even better follow-up down the road where he's overtly successful in whatever area he pursues, be it coaching or the business world. It's also nice to know that the coaching staff at UConn still has former players backs long after their playing days are over. I've always been proud of the family aspect of sports at UConn.

Reaction Score
I've always liked Tony Robertson and it was really great reading that he's gotten his degree just recently in Storrs. For him to come back at this stage of his life and earn his degree shows a great level of maturation that has transpired with him. He came to the realization that his basketball days were behind him and for the sake of his kids (and himself) he returned to get his degree with some help from Jim Calhoun and George Blaney. I think that's a wonderful story and I hope that we hear an even better follow-up down the road where he's overtly successful in whatever area he pursues, be it coaching or the business world. It's also nice to know that the coaching staff at UConn still has former players backs long after their playing days are over. I've always been proud of the family aspect of sports at UConn.

Great news! Great post. Always liked Tony as a player.

Reaction Score
Always a big Tony Robertson fan. I felt bad for him because he came in the year after we won our first in 99 and left the year before we won the second in 2004.

Reaction Score
So there is someone out there that took longer than me to get his degree.

Reaction Score
I remember being in the elevator with him and Marcus Cox after the Miami game when Calhoun went HAM on him in the middle of the game.. He said he was about to transfer and that the only other worse coach to play for was Bobby Knight.. glad he stuck with it...congrats!..
PS gotta give a shout out to my sister who is now a UCONN alum..congrats..

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. Good luck Tony!

C

Chief00

In some ways it is much more difficult to come back 10 years later and get your degree. TRob always played well against AZ.

Reaction Score
Funny story about TRob: in my sophomore year at UConn I was assigned to what was previously TRob and Selvie's dorm room in South C(it took me a about a month to figure this out). Needless to say, we got a few strange knocks on our door and calls at crazy hours with various "offers" for certain "products". People acted extremely surprised when they knocked on our door expecting TRob or Selvie and I opened the door. Good times.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great news, and good for Robertson. He was always one of my favorite Huskies, and was a lot of fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom