Tony Bennett Retiring (effective immediately) | The Boneyard

Tony Bennett Retiring (effective immediately)

Reaction Score

Yeah, I didn't like the style his teams played, but that 2019 championship team, was very good, even if they did need a ton of luck to win. But this news is very surprising, and I hope nothing really serious about his health is causing this.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m contrarian when it comes to TB, I think he’s one of the best and he’s a genuinely good guy. He’s an incredible defensive coach and obviously didn’t have the horses on O, but when he did they were damn good.

He made WaZou a top 4 seed and had multiple 1 seeds AND a chip with UVA, who hadn’t been thought of in 30 years.

The guy can coach. And he’s a good human, which can’t be taken for granted nowadays.

Edit: saving for old takes exposed if he indeed is involved in a scandal, but I don’t think so.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It helps that when I was coaching, we coached pack line D, and not many teach it better.

Reaction Score
Something is up. I was just watching an interview a few days ago where he certainly seemed focused on the future. How does this change so quickly?

Reaction Score
i suspect the Virginia administration wants the team to hedge on defense more. And Tony doesn't want to. Or maybe they disagree on Ketchup and Turkey. So he's retiring.... classing hedging, Ketchup, Turkey argument leads to retirement.

Reaction Score
Tweet above says it, but rumor has been there that Sanchez came back to eventually take over. He coached under Bennett at wash st and uva before he was at Charlotte for a few yrs

Bennett just signed an extension so speculation is health or maybe even just the jay wright approach of saying f it, this NIL era isn't what he signed up for.

Dude is one of the nicest most genuine guys you would ever meet, hope everything is alright with him and his family. So long successful uva revenue sports...it was fun for a while

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom