Tonight's Honoree Speaks | The Boneyard

Tonight's Honoree Speaks

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“What I loved about it so much when I first started playing is that it was the place I would go that made me feel comfortable in my own skin,” she said recently. “I was always an extraordinarily tall girl. Sometimes, especially when you get to your middle school years, that’s the type of thing that can make a girl feel self-conscious. But basketball was the equalizer for me. It was where I not only loved being tall, it was a place where being tall gave me an advantage. And because of that, I wanted to play as much basketball as I could. As a kid, it was my happy place, my comfort zone.

“I fell in love with the game that way, and I have never fallen out of love with it.”

I never get tired of hearing this part of Rebecca's story: “I just felt like I belonged there,” she said. “I felt that way because I enjoyed Coach (Geno) Auriemma and Coach (Chris) Dailey. I enjoyed talking to them and listening to them, being around them, more than anybody else who recruited me. I enjoyed the players on the team. They made me laugh, they understood my sense of humor. I felt at home there. I knew that this was the right place for me. You have those times in your life when your gut tells you, ‘This is what you need to do.’ I followed my heart.”

More here: Lobo's Lasting Legacy

Reaction Score
thanks so much, Rocky. Didn't know that. Can't wait!

Reaction Score
“What I loved about it so much when I first started playing is that it was the place I would go that made me feel comfortable in my own skin,” she said recently. “I was always an extraordinarily tall girl. Sometimes, especially when you get to your middle school years, that’s the type of thing that can make a girl feel self-conscious. But basketball was the equalizer for me. It was where I not only loved being tall, it was a place where being tall gave me an advantage. And because of that, I wanted to play as much basketball as I could. As a kid, it was my happy place, my comfort zone.

“I fell in love with the game that way, and I have never fallen out of love with it.”

I never get tired of hearing this part of Rebecca's story: “I just felt like I belonged there,” she said. “I felt that way because I enjoyed Coach (Geno) Auriemma and Coach (Chris) Dailey. I enjoyed talking to them and listening to them, being around them, more than anybody else who recruited me. I enjoyed the players on the team. They made me laugh, they understood my sense of humor. I felt at home there. I knew that this was the right place for me. You have those times in your life when your gut tells you, ‘This is what you need to do.’ I followed my heart.”

More here: Lobo's Lasting Legacy

Ms Lobo, as a person and as a player, has been one of my favorites. Every time she stepped on the court for Uconn she honored her mother. Through much of her time she knew Mom was dying; that is a terrific cross to bear for young woman that loved her mom.ove
Southwick, Ma I could walk from Silver St up the hill and down into Southwick, my Cousin's property is in Southwick exactly on the State boundary in the notch.
Talk to any Southwick native and all you shall hear is great pride and respect for their Native Daughter. It is not surprising that Geno and Chris love this woman; she (with others) is the foundation of UConn WBB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom