Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early block (~6:30)
7 DePaul @ 2 Duke -- could be good
6 Syracuse @ 3 Kentucky -- hard to know
10 Florida St vs 2 Stanford -- Stan should win easily, but you never know
9 Arizona St vs 1 Notre Dame -- snoozer

Late Block (~ 9:00)
8 St Johns @ 1 Tennessee -- be interesting to see if TN's game 1 was just rust or a deeper issue
7 Cal @ 2 Baylor -- Bay should win easily, but Cal does have NCAA experience
5 Oklahoma St @ 4 Purdue
12 BYU v 4 Nebraska

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how UK handles Syracuse. If UK and Baylor both win we will be looking at a rematch of the 4-OT game earlier in the year and I think both teams are better than they were at that time.

I am hoping that Bias does not have another bad game against Purdue or OSU will be headed home. I suspect that she will play much closer to her capability in this game.

Reaction Score
I wonder in which games, if any there will be upsets. I would think all the four higher ranked teams in the early block will be heavily favored and should win. Of the ones in the late block, I wonder if BYU will beat Nebraska.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I started a similar thread a bit earlier. Here is what I posted:

Early games (6:30 edt) on ESPN2:

Ariz State v Notre Dame
I have not watched one minute of Arizona St this year so I know nothing about this team other than it defeated 3 ACC teams during OOC play (UNC, Miami and Syracuse), went 9-7 in conference play and lost 6 of its last 8 games. ASU typically plays a lot of players, plays aggressive defense and has trouble scoring. ASU has no chance to win, but I'll be most interested in seeing how Turner-Thorne chooses to defend ND and how she tries to slow the pace.

Depaul v Duke
This is the game I most want to watch. Duke will need to control tempo to win. It won't win a shoot-out against DePaul.

Florida State v Stanford
Howard v Ogwumike should be fun to watch.

Syracuse v Kentucky
Can Kentucky make shots against Cuse's zone? If so, Kentucky could win big.

Later games (9:30 edt):

St John's v Tennessee
StJ's is a guard-oriented team that likes to spread the floor and get in to the lane. Tenn's size should be too much for St John's to overcome. Tenn's players were jittery during the 1st half on Saturday. How will the nerves be tonight?

Cal v Baylor
Boyd v Sims is another match-up that should be fun to watch. Cal is big and athletic and could make life tough for Davis inside. Cal will struggle to make shots and Baylor should win.

BYU v Nebraska
Another game I'm eager to watch. BYU has the 6-7 center (Hamsom) and surrounds her with players who can make shots. Good coach too. Nebraska is also well-coached and is led by Hooper and Theriot. Will Nebraska feel the pressure of moving on to host the regional? Piece of trivia: BYU player Morgan Bailey is the niece of Thurl Bailey who played for Jim Valvano's NC team.

Ok State v Purdue
No thoughts on this one.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Oops my apologies! Sorry for missing it.

No apologies necessary; easy to miss. I just wanted to continue the conversation. I'll delete my thread.

Reaction Score
ND certainly looks beatable tonight. Im sure they will close out this game but a match against a more formidable opponent at this level of play could be their downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom