Tomorrow's game changed to ESPNU | The Boneyard

Tomorrow's game changed to ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My understanding is that it can still be seen on ESPN2 but not in certain parts of the country (areas of interest for other teams playing at the same time) and can be switched to another more competitive game. You can see the entire game without switching to another game on ESPNU.

Reaction Score
Excellent news! Will allow me to watch the whole game without going to more "interesting" games :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good. Get the whole game at one place.

Reaction Score
If ESPN does change the game to ESPNU on Tuesday, I will NEVER watch ESPN again! I don't get ESPNU, and I'm already upset with their coverage on ESPNU at other times this year. That is just not fair!

Reaction Score
If ESPN does change the game to ESPNU on Tuesday, I will NEVER watch ESPN again! I don't get ESPNU

Well, you're going to miss a lot of UConn WCBB games then. I have DirecTV with the sports package and I get ESPNU and SNY. Works for me, could work for you.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The NCAA college wrestling championships are listed on ESPNU at 7:00 pm on DirecTV. They do not finish until 9:00. Followed by the wrestling medal round starting at 9:00-11:30.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I hate this! I don't get ESPNU, and I don't want to watch the game on my computer.

If you live in Connecticut the game will also be on espn2, likely to completion. Viewers in Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and North Carolina will see their home-state teams play. Viewers in other states will likely start out watching UConn but could be switched.

Here's the coverage maps:

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...3845/women-ncaa-tournament-2014-coverage-maps

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The NCAA college wrestling championships are listed on ESPNU at 7:00 pm on DirecTV. They do not finish until 8:30.

I'm sure the listings have yet to be updated.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The NCAA college wrestling championships are listed on ESPNU at 7:00 pm on DirecTV. They do not finish until 9:00. Followed by the wrestling medal round starting at 9:00-11:30.
If UConn's opponent tonight were Louisville, I would say that listing is accurate.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm sure the listings have yet to be updated.
They updated early this morning, unless there is now a further update. All WCBB games are listed as whip around coverage which was, also, new.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If this is the change they are making I'll probably end up with MD, ugh!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They updated this morning, unless there is now a further update. All WCBB games are listed as whip around coverage which was, also, new.

I'm not sure of your point, but today ESPN released the coverage maps for tonight's and tomorrow's games. It says: "St Joe's/Connecticut (7:00 ET) will be seen nationally on ESPNU." This is consistent with what the CT reporters are saying.

I linked the maps in an earlier post in this thread.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hope its true. They will have a lot of satellite people ticked if they have already set their DVRs like I had. More folks in PA will want to watch the wrestling championships and PSU win its 4th straight title. I can hear the wailing Weds. Morning at coffee. Now I have to record the original channel and the wrestling just to make sure I get the UCONN game.

That's hadn't seen the map. In PA we get PSU/FL rather than UCONN. I don't see ESPNU listed on Tuesdays map as I read it.

Last edited:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
If ESPN does change the game to ESPNU on Tuesday, I will NEVER watch ESPN again! I don't get ESPNU, and I'm already upset with their coverage on ESPNU at other times this year. That is just not fair!

Of course it is fair...I pay for ESPNU, why not you?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here is the map for Tuesday's 7pm games. Note box in lower right corner:

Tuesday
7 p.m. ET (ESPN2 & ESPN3)

The map below displays home market-protected games. These are areas that will see their home market-protected game in its entirety. The rest of the country (black areas) will be part of ESPN's national telecast, which will allow the viewer to see the most compelling action from multiple games.

ncw_140325_7p.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the map, Cat. I get whip-around coverage, which means I'm counting on you Boneyarders to keep me on top of the UConn-St. Joe's action!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the map, Cat. I get whip-around coverage, which means I'm counting on you Boneyarders to keep me on top of the UConn-St. Joe's action!

You can catch it on espn3 if your ISP provides it.

Reaction Score
Holy crap snack! I get the whip around coverage!!! Hopefully the local pub will have ESPNU so I guess it is a win-win for me; drinks and a UConn game. I just hope that I do not get beat up for wearing my UConn gear.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hope its true. They will have a lot of satellite people ticked if they have already set their DVRs like I had. More folks in PA will want to watch the wrestling championships and PSU win its 4th straight title. I can hear the wailing Weds. Morning at coffee. Now I have to record the original channel and the wrestling just to make sure I get the UCONN game.

That's hadn't seen the map. In PA we get PSU/FL rather than UCONN. I don't see ESPNU listed on Tuesdays map as I read it.
The NCAA Wrestling Championships were this last weekend, 20-22. Penn St did win.

I'll record ESPNU and have my computer ready to go with ESPN3

The schedule on my Comcast still says Wrestling but here at ESPN it's UCONN.

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=3-25-14-4:00-PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog