Tomorrow Night I Wanna See............. | The Boneyard

Tomorrow Night I Wanna See.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every seat filled before the game.

Ok here is the deal. This is team is playing their arses off and they NEED US tomorrow night. Not just us Yarders who are on her 24/7 No, but all of us in attendance. All of us that use to try every angle to get into Gampel when tickets were tough to get. All of that believed in a fast talking coach from Boston that said winning at UCONN was doable and went out and did it, All of us that occupied the HCC those 2 magical nights against the Cuse and Georgetown in 1990 when UCONN kicked the door down on the National Stage and all of us that saw soemthing special happen not once but three times that we could only dream about.

Well you know what ther is plenty of room fellow Yarders for more banners on the Gampel wall and more hardware in the trophy cases.
And it starts by showing up tomorrow supporting this team and KO.

It starts by filling the place and giving this team a REAL HOME COURT advantage not sitting there waiting for a hight reel play to entertain you.

Not waiting to see a double digit lead before you cheer.

AND not frickin leaving with 7 minutes to go in the game no matter what the score is.

If some old fart asks you to sit down tell them this isn't the Bushnell.

Now I'm not saying any of this guarantees us a win but it can't hurt.

This is step one for us to start that climb up that elite laddar that so many outside the program have enjoyed us being knocked down from. We are back. It's fresh start for us.

Beause you never know when you are going to be part of the beginning of something great.......tomorrow might be that start.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice post. But as a representative of the old farts, not wanting to be stereotyped, I used to scream at the young beer drinkers to stand up and multitask. If they couldn't get their mouths out of the cup, stomp. I told them they could learn to move their lower body and keep the upper body still!

Reaction Score
Unfortuately, there will not be a sell out since the students are still on break. So the best we can hope for is 1/2 full student section. It would be nice if security let the folks in the double letters come down and sit in the student section and make it look full, but I have yet to see that happen.

This is a big problem with the break being so long. We have too many games during that stretch. For those folks who used to clammor for having the students sit on the side lines, how would that look on TV, with about 500 kids in a section for 2000.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For those folks who used to clammor for having the students sit on the side lines, how would that look on TV, with about 500 kids in a section for 2000.

I think it would work during the semester when kids are in school. All you really need is 5-10 rows behind the opposition's bench stretching to the regular behind the basket crowd.

Reaction Score
Unfortuately, there will not be a sell out since the students are still on break. So the best we can hope for is 1/2 full student section. It would be nice if security let the folks in the double letters come down and sit in the student section and make it look full, but I have yet to see that happen.

This is a big problem with the break being so long. We have too many games during that stretch. For those folks who used to clammor for having the students sit on the side lines, how would that look on TV, with about 500 kids in a section for 2000.

Ha, well i've been trying to get my hands on student tix, so believe me they are not easy to find. Only reason why you MAY be right, is students who bought season ticks not even following bball over break, because they're worth a goldmine right now.

Reaction Score
Ha, well i've been trying to get my hands on student tix, so believe me they are not easy to find. Only reason why you MAY be right, is students who bought season ticks not even following bball over break, because they're worth a goldmine right now.

"Not even following basketball over the break"???? For real???

Who the heck do they give student season tix to? Aren't they hoops fans??? I would think they are at least hooking up their friends who live in the area and can go to the game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Not even following basketball over the break"???? For real???

Who the heck do they give student season tix to? Aren't they hoops fans??? I would think they are at least hooking up their friends who live in the area and can go to the game.
Thread last year with some passionate student fans complaining that the lottery often gives tickets to students who don't really care much about the team! Haven't seen these posters lately however.

Reaction Score
Thread last year with some passionate student fans complaining that the lottery often gives tickets to students who don't really care much about the team! Haven't seen these posters lately however.
Well my daughter goes to Uconn now and the lottery system is a joke. Kids enter the lottery just to get the tix and immediately list them on facebook for sale at triple. These tix can only be used by students as they use a designated entrance and must also show a current Uconn student id. Her tix this year were scalped from a fellow student and she has attended every game while on break. And we will be there again tomorrow. Lets go!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom